Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defiant Poyet breaks his silence over Albion suspension [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Defiant Poyet breaks his silence over Albion suspension[/h] 1:20am Monday 17th June 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2423288.jpg
Gus Poyet
* Suspended Albion boss Gus Poyet has defender his behaviour.

* Poyet broke his silence over his suspension by the Seagulls for alleged multiple breaches of contract while working as a pundit for the BBC during their coverage of Uruguay's Confederations Cup defeat by Spain on Sunday night.

* Quizzed by presenter Gary Lineker, Poyet said: "Today I am the manager of Brighton. I am suspended. There are reasons. Unfortunately we cannot comment for legal reasons but this is the position, new for me. I am trying to deal with the situation the best way I can."

* Asked by Lineker if, in hindsight, he would you have done anything different, Poyet replied: "No, it's me. It's the way I am. I am a coach, an honest person.

* "I work the way I do. Everybody knows how I treat the players. Everything is there on the table, it's quite open, but again it's about an investigation going through, so we need to wait and see. I hope it's going to be resolved this week."

* The Argus revealed on Saturday that Poyet faces a disciplinary hearing with club officials on Monday.

* Poyet steered clear of criticising the club when asked if he was surprised by their stance. "I don't know all the issues," he said. "Again, it's a difficult situation for me. I think this week we are going to have news. It will be easier for everybody to talk."

* Poyet, asked by Lineker if he has any future at Albion, added: "Well I'm the manager. I was working to be a manager and I've never stopped working. That's me, I'm a workaholic, so I will try to keep working and making sure we keep getting better."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here