Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Avios

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I am so confused by Avios and how the points thing works.

I have an Avios account with 4,120 Avios in it, from ages back, plus an Executive Account with 4,408 Avios in it which were recently transferred in from another person.

Why can't they just add the two together and give me 8,528 Avios? Are the Avios identical, or can each sort only be used for certain things?

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I am so confused by Avios and how the points thing works.

I have an Avios account with 4,120 Avios in it, from ages back, plus an Executive Account with 4,408 Avios in it which were recently transferred in from another person.

Why can't they just add the two together and give me 8,528 Avios? Are the Avios identical, or can each sort only be used for certain things?

So long as the accounts are in the same name and you can log into both you can combine them. I am always swapping between the two as my wife has an account with BA as she got the points as she was flying not me, despite me being the payer.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Same here - combine avios from exec club, main avios site and tesco points all the time. Really easy - have a look on avios site there are instructions there.

And I am always picking up the free avios credit cards. Got the Amex gold card recently and got 20,000 plus 2 miles for most £1 spent for the first year. Use it for everything, food, in pubs, out and about etc and the miles rack up (just make sure u pay it off with debit card straight away!)

Up to 60,000 at the moment I think

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I believe one is just Avios that you collect from the various options (tesco, credit card etc) and the other is for Executive club points. But should be combinable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here