Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could be worse - Joe Kinnear DOF at Newcastle

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
If you want some relief from the ridiculous calamity unfolding at the Albion - with the players due back for training soon - friendlies on the way - Barber in his sleveless Puffa jacket taking training no doubt with a few star jumps - and punting out season tickets and great offers to gullible "customers" with no clarity on what is really happening at the club......

Forget it for a few minutes and read the Newcastle fans forums reaction to having Joe Kinnear appointed as Director of Football. Brilliant, if very close to extremely tasteless, entertainment for a guy they already could not stand, have no time for, and now returns to a senior position. As someone once said, you couldn't make it up.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You forgot the link.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
These threads are always a lot more useful when they have a link attached to them!

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
Newcastle fans are ridiculous, they're always upset about something. My friend is a Villa supporter and told me that loads of them still hate Villa because of Villa fans putting a couple of banners up* and regularly posted on Villa forums all last season saying how they were about to get what they deserved for crossing some imaginary "banter" line.

Joke fans, like Liverpool, they're deluded enough to actually believe their manager and the media when they say they are the best fans in the country.

*Recall that the banners said "Who is your next messiah: Ant or Dec?" - hardly inflammatory in the first place.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Sounds like Fat Mike wants rid of Pardew. Doing this may force him to quit. Joe kinnear..... Really

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He's forgetful...

"We were third from bottom when I took over and we were 12th when I had my heart attack," added Kinnear.

"From there we got relegated. People were trying to implicate me when the club went down. That was a load of rubbish. I've never been a manager of a club that's been relegated [Luton were relegated while he was in charge in 2001]."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22928641

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think that Gus/Newcastle reference is so daft.

They are one of the few Premier League clubs who know all too well what we under Gus were all about after two FA Cup defeats. And both fully deserved as well, no luck there.

Kinnear has clearly been brought in short-term to destabilise Pardew, maybe to try and get him to resign rather than pay him off seven years.

So they want someone else. And that could easily be Poyet.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
They are just trying to out do Sunderland on the "who can make the strangest appointment" stakes

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I didn't know Joe Kinnear spoke French. God knows what the French contingent will think when he opens his mouth. Incidentally, Lee Clark is slightly shorter odds than Gus and would come cheap. Otherwise, there's 'Arry...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here