Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Boss last night

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I saw him at Wembley on the Born in the USA tour. If last night was anywhere near as good then you would have been in for a treat!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Got all the albums, have been a fan since 1976ish, first time live last night, stunning, Iwant to go to Coventry on Tuesday now

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
I went also, outstanding....the acoustic version of thunder rd he finished with was out of this world.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I was there, haven't missed a tour since 1985. Last night was superb, good review in Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...Bruce-Springsteen-Wembley-Stadium-review.html

I attended with a group of Bruce buddies from all over the country, two of them Palace fans who gave me loads of shit about how they were there a couple of weeks before.
I got my own back by asking which end of the Stadium they had.
Innocently they said the stage end.
Ahhh, I said, that explains why all the seats are empty at that section of the stadium, they are still disinfecting that contaminated end then.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would hazzard a guess he was absolutely immense. The loss of Clarence Clemons must be huge though.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Had a ticket for yesterday, but had to flog it as I had a work related issue that meant i couldn't go. However, will be at Ricoh on Thursday and have just booked Kilkenny at end July to make up for yesterday!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I went also, outstanding....the acoustic version of thunder rd he finished with was out of this world.

For the first first in my life, I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up during Thunder Road. Incredible show,

I was there, haven't missed a tour since 1985. Last night was superb, good review in Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...Bruce-Springsteen-Wembley-Stadium-review.html

I attended with a group of Bruce buddies from all over the country, two of them Palace fans who gave me loads of shit about how they were there a couple of weeks before.
I got my own back by asking which end of the Stadium they had.
Innocently they said the stage end.
Ahhh, I said, that explains why all the seats are empty at that section of the stadium, they are still disinfecting that contaminated end then.

Great review from a guy who is an immense Springsteen fan. His Biography "....Greetings From Bury Park" (see what he did there, Bury Park is an area of Luton) tells a fascinating tale of growing up in the '70's in a Muslim Bangladehsi family and finding enlightenment via the Boss through his Sikh friend (described as "...Chewbacca with a turban in the book"). Well worth a read even if you don't get Sprinsteen's music.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
I would hazzard a guess he was absolutely immense. The loss of Clarence Clemons must be huge though.

They did a lovely tribute to him during Tenth avenue freeze out, photo montage on the big screens...very emotional. Clarence Clemons nephew Jake Clemons played the sax and did an outstanding job although it's not the same without the big man!!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I had a tear in my eye at the end of 10th, the ghostly images of Clarence and Danny, and it looked as if Bruce wiped a tear from the corner of his eye at the end of it.
So moving.
The Big Man died 2 years ago today on Fathers Day (18th June two years ago)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8pf4b9VUxk

RIP Clarence, Jake is doing you proud

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Can anyone explain why the floodlights were on for what seemed like nearly the whole of the last hour?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Cos its party/dance along/get your asses off your seats time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here