Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Car designers taking the p***

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Driving around lately i realised that I have never seen such a bunch of ugly cars hit the road. What are the designers smoking ?

280px-Range_Rover_Evoque_01_China_2012-05-22.JPG

63DB3263B8ACD7D499E828603DA326.jpg

Nissan-Juke-0.jpg

nissan-new-car-introduction-2009-nissan-cube-1274469430.jpg

Attachments

• bmw-x6-images.jpg
    bmw-x6-images.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
They all seem to use the same CAD programs and therefore churn out the similarly awful designs. Even allowing for the fact that safety legislation dictates size and height of x and y there really needs to be more influence from the designers eye. It can still be done.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
They all seem to use the same CAD programs and therefore churn out the similarly awful designs. Even allowing for the fact that safety legislation dictates size and height of x and y there really needs to be more influence from the designers eye. It can still be done.

You are right, nearly all of the companies highlighted above do make some nice cars as well ! I just can't understand where the market has come from for the monstrosities on this thread. Do people really go into the showroom, look and think 'Now that's nice ????!!!??'

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Ssanyong Rodius is the ugliest car designed ever. Looks like an estate car with an extension :sick:
tute5eqa.jpg

e6ume6en.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
The Range Rover Evoque appears to have been designed solely for footballers' wives and those who aspire to be them.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The Range Rover Evoque appears to have been designed solely for footballers' wives and those who aspire to be them.

Once again we agree Edna, even the men in those cars want to be a footballers wife! No style or class whatsoever, just chav on a lease contract, bit like most Audi TTs.

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
Modern cars are pig ugly and there is very very few id touch with a barge pole.As for the mini...well its hardley mini anymore.its the size of a medium car.Give me an old classic any day

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Surely can not get much worse than this... :sick:
View attachment 43838

used to have this as a company pool car....i refused to drive and booked hire cars on expenses (i was PM) - boss found out a few times and went nuts.....i simply replied each time, "there is no way in the world i am driving that."

have you ever driven it? its like being in a goldfish bowl......

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Once again we agree Edna, even the men in those cars want to be a footballers wife! No style or class whatsoever, just chav on a lease contract, bit like most Audi TTs.

I immediately thought of Ballotelli's camouflaged paint job on his Bentley and Steven Ireland's white Bentley with pink wheels and trim..........more money than taste.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Ssanyong Rodius is the ugliest car designed ever. Looks like an estate car with an extension :sick:
tute5eqa.jpg

e6ume6en.jpg

I've seen a couple of those and thought they were just awful, like they designed a hatchback and then added a dormer as an afterthought.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Totally agree, seems ugly rules as far as car design goes these days. At least its cured me of the desire to update my car frequently.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

It's like a Range Rover for those who are a bit scared of having to drive & (more pertinently) park a Range Rover.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here