Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tesco v Co-op!

SingitLoud

Dec 4, 2012
Hove
Have you sampled the custard doughnuts at Tesco's? Bloody lovely , 2 packs for a quid ( 10 nuts!)
However pop down Co-op for the same, and you get rock hard golf ball size chewy specimens!!
This is one occasion where i don't mind inflation!
They don't hold the sugar on properly either!
As we all feel down in the "Dumps", grab the ole Tesco doughnuts to lighten the mood!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i've found the bakery at Morrisons to be superior, especially their muffins.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Tesco finest shortbread from the bakery can only be described as absolute perfection.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Not a fan of Tescos or Sainsburys always come out feeling I have been mugged

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
In Worthing there are already too many Tesco and Tesco "Ubiquitous " stores. they opened about their 7th or 8th in Worthing on the Goring Road opposite a small Co-op and another convenience store. Goring Road shops are quite varied and mostly independent yet Tesco said they wanted to build a store there in order to "offer " the public their alleged great value. This will end with the lifeblood being sucked out of the area by the giant greedy automaton.

I have not shopped at Tesco for about 5 years, nor will I ever again.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Service at the Hangleton Co-Op is dire. I'm sure they've purposely hired the slowest people on the planet.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Go to the KrispyKreme doughnut stand in Tesco and grab them, your never eat another doughnut again :thumbsup:

Thanks, but I have already decided to never eat another doughnut again. If ever I feel like I'm wavering the combination of Tesco and KrispyKreme should reaffirm my commitment.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Thanks, but I have already decided to never eat another doughnut again. If ever I feel like I'm wavering the combination of Tesco and KrispyKreme should reaffirm my commitment.

I dare you to walk past the big KrispyKreme doughnut shop next to The Clock Tower and not walk in haha every time I walk past I have to go in and buy A box.

E7694478-B637-8513-1E870B769B30BC82.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I dare you to walk past the big KrispyKreme doughnut shop next to The Clock Tower and not walk in haha every time I walk past I have to go in and buy A box.

View attachment 43803

No problem with walking by that shop, I always have a vision of a typical American lardy when I see it. So, I'm able to keep walking with a spring in my step rather than with my thighs chaffing together as I walk.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I shop at Waitrose

I look down on him because he shops at Tesco Express

but I look up at him because he shops at Fortnum and Mason.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I have boycotted the Co-Op out of principle since those bloody tv ad's with the "Good with food" slogan where they rhyme "good" with "food".

Wrong. Very. Very. Wrong.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I don't have a Tesco ClubCard but I do have a Co-op Membership Card. The Co-op divides their profits between their members rather than paying city shareholders. They put a dividend of £25 into my bank account yesterday. :smile:

No doughnut on earth can ever match the fresh peach, prepared-and-fried-while-you-wait doughnuts that were once made by Mr Vogel in his baker's shop in St James's Street. Where other doughnuts had jam, his had chopped fresh peach.

Sadly Mr Vogel died and his shop was demolished to make way for sheltered housing.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No doughnut on earth can ever match the fresh peach, prepared-and-fried-while-you-wait doughnuts that were once made by Mr Vogel in his baker's shop in St James's Street. Where other doughnuts had jam, his had chopped fresh peach.

Sadly Mr Vogel died and his shop was demolished to make way for sheltered housing.

visit straight after the pie shop

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here