Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your reaction to Poyet....

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I think most punters would recognise his achievements, even if Gus leaves under a cloud. Depends on whether he goes graciously and says the right things.

However he is not exactly 'Mr. Diplomacy' (one reason why he is in this mess) so if he insists on having the last word in any derogatory way then he will be fair game for the boo boys.

I'm happy to respectfully acknowledge a former Albion manager or player but it will always be outweighed by my support for the current manager and players. 'The King is dead, long live the King'.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
boo....his ego made us lose to our rivals in a play off semi............

he cares only for himself.......errr, have you not read? staying out the country and holding the club to ransom over comp? treated vicente like a mug?

nah, boo him.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I can say right now I would never boo him. I hope I can clap him next time I see at the Amex but will have to wait until the outcome of all this..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How would you react to Poyet when he returns to the Amex (either as BHA manager or as a visiting manager). Cheers, Boos or Hissy Fit?

As our manager.. wouldn't boo him until his first loss.

As a visiting manager ,he can just **** off.

Utter ****** for the way he treated Vicente. ******, utter utter ******.

Go Gus, Go SOON.

Last edited:

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I think that our reaction to Gus would be more generous than his reaction to us. After every comment I read, I think that relationships broke down after his Reading interviews. What really annoys me is that a very good colleague of mine is a Palace fan. I bought him champagne at Victoria station the day after Palarse got promoted. The "hit the ceiling" comment imo is utter b____x as Palarse were odds on to be relegated this year.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
only months ago he was the shining symbol , committed for 5 years..........the whole situation has turned poisonous......he would gain a hell of a lot of respect and probably save his short term career if he just walked.

i wouldn't boo him as he hasn't done anything that bad .....yet..!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think he will probably have a hard time being taken seriously as a manager in the English leagues now, but in other countries, who knows.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
I don't understand how anybody could possibly even consider booing or not be desperate for him to stay. All he has done he, the league one title, two fantastic years at the Amex, giving Brighton and identity, providing us with some fantastic football, some quality players and a real on field platform to build on. Really? Forget all that in a heartbeat because of some comments he made directly after the semi final loss?

I'm sure we've all said things in the heat of the moment that we shouldn't have. And people suggesting he doesn't 'see Brighton as a premier league club'.....so he lost that match and undone a whole seasons hard work on purpose, did he?

So my answer, would be a standing ovation and singing his name and praises....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here