Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your favourite children's book?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Either from your youth, or a new one your reading to the little'uns now.

I'll get The Hungry Caterpillar out of the way now.
Anyone who doesn't like that, doesn't deserve the ability to read!!

Being a rhyming couplet kind of guy, I've just packed a 'way to old' Jnr off to sleep with:-

where_s_my_teddy.jpg

Solely because I love it, and won't get to read it many more times.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I was babysitting on Friday and discovered 'Tiddler - The Storytelling Fish' by Julia Donaldson. Immense story!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish
Dr Suess

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Just William books by Richmal Crompton. Old school, but you could recognise your contemporaries and the plots when you were 12.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Winnie The Pooh

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
My Dad
The Gruffalo
The night before Christmas

are my 3 favourites although now mini uta is 10 I don't get to read them at (his) bedtime any more :(

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Elmer the Elephant

I had forgotten about it until my niece was born which then led to me buying loads of the books... I might let we read them one day

Eric the Wild Car by John Sheridan

The first -and best- of the Eric trilogy penned by J Sherian and illustrated with cartoonish elegance by Malcolm Livingstone. Eric is a very large, orange, fluffy wild car and his appearance is part of his instant appeal to young readers. "Wild cars are not like our cars," as the book explains, "they roam around the plains eating oil lumps that grown on plants." Eric, of course, is too large for the herd to support so he goes off to fend for himself. His journey takes him to Mr Flywheel and so his adventures begin...

The best case for public transport that I've ever come across. I once read it to a conference of highway engineers.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Treasure Island, Robinson Crusoe, and the Biggles books were my choice of reading when I was a nipper.
My boys loved Roald Dahl's books with the BFG being a particular favourite.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I loved the Sam Pig books by Alison Uttley and the original Thomas the Tank Engine books. By the way, for the benefit of the 'would of' generation, Thomas is not a Tank any more than a Reliant Robin is a Robin Reliant!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Elmer the Elephant

I had forgotten about it until my niece was born which then led to me buying loads of the books... I might let we read them one day

Elmer's a legend.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
The Jolly postman - you get to open all the envelopes and they contain activities. Awesome.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton
I remember dreaming about visiting the lands at the top of the faraway tree. Either Enid or myself must have been smoking some weird stuff :smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here