Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does our club need a Mr Albion?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
In a buisness that is becoming more and more fickle with regards to time given to new managers and assistants; does every club need a "stalwart"who connects the (new) manager to the club? I for one think Charlie's possition within the club should not be underestimated. Also should his first priority come to the club rather then the manager, any manager if that turns out to be the case?

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I have no idea what you just said.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
In a buisness that is becoming more and more fickle with regards to time given to new managers and assistants; does every club need a "stalwart"who connects the (new) manager to the club? I for one think Charlie's possition within the club should be underestimated. Also should his first priority come to the club rather then the manager, any manager if that turns out to be the case?
Your post would make more sense if Charlie's position 'should NOT be underestimated.'

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I see where you are coming from and to a degree I believe the Albion have tried to do this, through the use of former players (Paul Rogers plus the AITC mentors). In terms of the team, presumably they had tried to achieve this with Charlie and hopefully it will continue, should he no longer remain with the club.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
In a buisness that is becoming more and more fickle with regards to time given to new managers and assistants; does every club need a "stalwart"who connects the (new) manager to the club? I for one think Charlie's possition within the club should be underestimated. Also should his first priority come to the club rather then the manager, any manager if that turns out to be the case?

Whilst I agree 100% this opens up the speculation door again

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It makes more sense now. Isn't Mr Bloom that man?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Who's going to be 'Mr Albion 2013'? Sounds like a male beauty contest!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
image.jpg

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If Charlie has got himself succored into anything he only has himself to blame and should accept whatever sentence is handed down.
We all have choices in this world and it's up to us which ones we take.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
We've got Paul Watson as physio too.

Would love to see Charlie back here in the same position as before but if not, Calderon is certainly shaping up nicely for that sort of role within the club.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We need a club president. Someone who was involved in the fight for Withdean and Falmer, a committed lifelong Albion fan, closely associated with AITC, who has a bar named after him where he could take new signings ... oh, wait ...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here