Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laser eye surgery

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
I'm thinking of getting this done, so would be interested to hear of other people's experiences good or bad. Plus any company recommendations or friends discount code offers very welcome.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Likewise. I wear contacts but been too concerned about after effects etc to get full laser treatment. Interested to hear some views.

DanielT

I had it done about 10 years ago. This was when using the waveform Laser was fairly new but it allowed bespoke treatment ie each eye was mapped and the treatment tailored to you specially, rather than the earlier "one option for all, results may vary"

I was - 3.50 (shortsighted) in both eyes and now have better than 20/20 vision. Can read the bottom line of the chart perfectly.

Went to eyesite and they booked me into Harley Street clinic seeing Mr Pillai

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Had it done with VisionExpress about 4 years ago.

Haven't looked back since!

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
I work with a couple of guys who have had this done. Both report excellent results and have nothing but positive comments to make. Good luck!

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
I had it done three months ago and very happy with it. First few days were very painful and had a contact lens bandage in which was uncomfortable. Driving sight was back in around 2 weeks and took about a further week for night vision. All in all glad I had it done and used optical express which is in Brighton for consultations. There are a couple of different types one you get vision back next day and lot less painful but other takes a little while like I had but they will explain it all very well.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
mrs Blue2 had it done three years back both eyes we paid a bit extra for the laser wave I think it was called, Mrs Blue2 says it was totally painless all done in ten mins never needed glasses since, only comments I have is it appears her sight is a little more light sensitive than before but apart from that 20/20 vision

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I had it done three months ago and very happy with it. First few days were very painful and had a contact lens bandage in which was uncomfortable. Driving sight was back in around 2 weeks and took about a further week for night vision. All in all glad I had it done and used optical express which is in Brighton for consultations. There are a couple of different types one you get vision back next day and lot less painful but other takes a little while like I had but they will explain it all very well.

Blindly that sounds awful Mrs Blue2 had the wave got home took two pain killers went to bed got up next morning and drove to Crawley for an eye test never had any problems

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
The way I see, and I don't mean to take a short-sighted view on this, but I'd rather wait for the price to fall significantly from £500 per eye. Plus I've heard that in some people, their eyesight starts deteriorating again years after the procedure. I wouldn't want to make an expensive mistake in hindsight.

Doha

Jan 12, 2012
Doha, Qatar
I want it done but having seen footage of several different procedures on Youtube it looks, to put it scientifically, to be some ****ed up shit.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Had it done about 5 years ago with Optical Express in London. Best £1000 I've ever spent. Eyes a bit gritty straight after, but following a few hours kip, they were absolutely fine, and had no problems since. A friend had his done about 10 years ago and no problems. Go for it.

Arnois2

Apr 15, 2011
Sirindhorn, Bangkok.
I had it done 2 years ago through Optical Express in Horsham, they send you to their clinic in Kingston for the procedure and after a night of discomfort in both eyes once the pain relief wears off, I woke up the next morning pain free and with 20/20 vision. I would recommend it as it has changed my life. Have a look on Ebay as people sell money off vouchers on there, think I bought a voucher for a fiver and I think I got 300 pound off the laser eye surgery. The only bit that felt uncomfortable is when they pump some air around your eyeball but apart from that there is nothing to worry about.

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
Had it done 8 years ago at Ultralase in Guildford. Had the wavefront treatment which was relatively new back then. Went from -1.75 in each eye to 20/20 which I still have to this day.

Procedure itself was uncomfortable rather than painful. As someone else has said, you then feel like you have grit in your eye for a couple of days (regular drops help his). After that its plain sailing.

Best thing I ever did.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Is it possible to have it done if you have trouble seeing things close up, as I thought it was only used for people having trouble seeing far way objects.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Is it possible to have it done if you have trouble seeing things close up, as I thought it was only used for people having trouble seeing far way objects.

Yes, it can work for both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here