Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fathers 's Day in Brighton??

Thinking of coming to Brighton tomorrow with the family (I already visit regularly but only get as far as Mithras P&R usually). Realised from another thread that it is the Bike Ride tomorrow so I assume Maderia Drive will be mobbed, would it be sane or sensible to park at the Marina and walk in or avoid the fair City altogether and go somewhere else?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Amex Stadium. Barber is serving.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Park up elsewhere and go elsewhere. It'll be a nightmare in town tomorrow. I'm not against charity events, but I do feel under 'house arrest' whilst this goes on

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why did they arrange to have the London to Brighton Bike Ride on the same Sunday as Father's Day ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're heading out to Arundel Castle. Father's Day special. Castle in the morning and Sussex v Northants in the afternoon.
I take it you know already, but as nice as the castle is, it's a bit pricey.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They do it every year. Typical of a large percentage of cyclists. Selfish.

My memory is fading but many years ago wasn't the Bike Ride on a different Sunday ?

Why did they arrange to have the London to Brighton Bike Ride on the same Sunday as Father's Day ???
Because Father's Day is a ridiculous attempt by an increasing number of desperate retailers to squeeze money out of kids, who ought to be brought up better. And the London to Brighton Bike Ride is a healthy day out, with lots of exercise for the participants and loads of money raised for a good cause.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Beats me why they don't just come down on the train. It's not too far to cycle from the station to Madeira Drive plus it'll stop all this road closure nonsense.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here