Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet REJECTS offer to quit the Albion

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
And the saga goes on & on & on

I wish he would just feck off now, I dont care for the man only the club.

It is sad because of all the good things he has done for our club, but I am starting to hate the man.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Gus Saga, could run and run this.

So why have the club made an offer yet not finished their investigation ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Hardly news. This happened last week. He'd have been a mug to accept the club's first offer.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Why would they offer to cancel his contract and miss out on a compensation fee from a future suitor ?
Doesn't make sense.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If the club want him gone, they need to grow some balls and sack him. Pay him off and start again. All this needs resolving and we need to move on.

Or work it out with him and start building for next season.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why would they offer to cancel his contract and miss out on a compensation fee from a future suitor ?
Doesn't make sense.

Because, because, who knows maybe they did the investigation and found nothing that could stick and he holds all the cards now with the new season looming..... who knows..... a select few..... I am not one of them....

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Maybe after the crash of so many doors slamming closed he realises his only redemption is to stay with the Albion, bide his time and wait for an opportunity to arise!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
If the club want him gone, they need to grow some balls and sack him. Pay him off and start again. All this needs resolving and we need to move on.

Or work it out with him and start building for next season.

Completely this.

This suspension was absolute bollocks.

If they don't want him at the club for whatever odd reason then they need to pay him off.

It's not Poyet that wanted to go, it's the club that wanted rid of him, and have done for most of the season.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Anyone else reckon he would have quit without hesitation if a mutual parting had been offered immediately after the play off game ? His recent statements about his future and links to other clubs sounded like he believed top tier job offers would be a formality. I do wonder how his ego has taken the recently available jobs passing him by.

In my opinion, his role is simply untenable now. Hopefully a compromise agreement can be reached.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Gus rejected a pay off, holding the club to ransom. That's why I reckon the club are looking to see if he has breached his contract and can sack him without paying out a penny. That would serve the greedy ******* right.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here