THATS ENTERTAINMENT
SMITHERS JONES
GOING UNDERGROUND
START
IN THE CITY
IT'S TOO BAD
DOWN IN THE TUBE STATION
TOWN CALLED MALICE
BUTTERFLY COLLECTOR( hairs stood up on me arms)
STRANGE TOWN
BEAT SURRENDER
So many Albion fans there as well I've seen over years ,FECKING MENTAL NIGHT!!!!!:clap2:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
A long time ago I know but what was the story behind the Jam split?

Weller just felt he'd gone as far as he could go. He wanted to do the more soul/funk stuff on 'The Gift'. Above all, he didn't want to end up like The Rolling Stones. If you download the BBC Mastertapes Podcast, there's a really good couple of programmes with him talking about it all. :)

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Bruce Foxton released a solo album at the tail end if 2012 which is worth a few quid of any Jam fans money. A certain Mr Weller features on 3 of the tracks.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
A long time ago I know but what was the story behind the Jam split?

It started off that way as a new trial product in Wall's factory in Nuneaton, but consumer trials led them down the Strawberry Split route and unlike The Jam version which ended on December 12 1982, it's still going strong today

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
And Foxton subsequently appears on Wellers latest offering, which then led to Rick Buckler leaving From The Jam

Yep, Foxton played bass on 2 tracks from Weller's 2010 album, Wake up the nation. Buckler did indeed throw his toys out of the pram because Weller & Foxton were on speaking terms again.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Weller just felt he'd gone as far as he could go. He wanted to do the more soul/funk stuff on 'The Gift'. Above all, he didn't want to end up like The Rolling Stones. If you download the BBC Mastertapes Podcast, there's a really good couple of programmes with him talking about it all. :)

I will always admire Weller for that choice he made in 1982.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here