Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldrick Knighted!!

"I also pledge that from this day on I'll slaughter all unruly dragons, and rescue any damsels in distress who request my help."

Well done Sir! :bowdown:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
love him, but can't just be me who questions the knighthood?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Good music and all (at times) but PJ Harvey accepted? Talk about selling out.......

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Also getting a gong Wendy Parry.

The Parrys are an extraordinary couple. Many on here too young to remember the Warrington bombings. I remember them very well because I was living in the town at the time and heard them go off. If the original bombing had worked I wouldn't be typing this.

They have committee their lives to peace in reaction to their son and another young boy being killed by the IRA.

They started not long after the funeral in the town. I remember them clearly.

A very special couple. With all respect to Tony Robinson, it should be them getting knighted. They helped kick off the peace process.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Good music and all (at times) but PJ Harvey accepted? Talk about selling out.......

I think she was labelled by the music press as very "left wing" when she started but in reality she's a bit more individual.

Like Roger Waters, both very pro fox hunting.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Colin and Wendy Parry his interviews handled with such dignity well deserved

Tony Robinson Baldrick and Time team presumably for entertainment and he is good entertainment

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
glad to see him saying he's going to use the title "with abandon to highlight the causes I believe in". does annoy slightly when people get such an honor and say they'll just remain as Dave Brown or whatever. revel in it, use it to promote anything important. no one gets a knighthood without deserving it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
*sigh* theres always one to spoil it. he didnt gain the knighthood for just swaning around an office everyday did he, just cause he went bad later. anyway i was thinking of the non-business/political ones.

I raise you a Jimmy Saville.

History is full of dodgy knighthoods, there is far more than one to spoil it.

Were you aware companies exist that help you getting one ? Probably not.....

Last edited:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
So if Baldricks got one, when is Stephen Fry getting one?!?! I can't think of many people who have services to entertainment, technology and human rights all in the same bag???

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So if Baldricks got one, when is Stephen Fry getting one?!?! I can't think of many people who have services to entertainment, technology and human rights all in the same bag???

I'm struggling go remember Mr Fry's services to technology, beyond his promotion of a specific company over the last few years.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Tony Robinson ran Equity (the actors' union) for many years. Not sure the likes of Rowan or Fry have done anything but line their own pockets, so of course Robinson deserves it to be offered to him, though obviously he is scum for accepting it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here