Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New manager question on racing post tv

akipling

Jan 12, 2010
Morecambe
Someone emailed a question in for Barry Silkmen to answer "in his capacity as a football agent, does he have any idea who's going to be the next manager at Brighton"

Silkmen replies "I actually know the owner Tony Bloom and his brother Darren who I know even better and it's a real strange scenario whats happening which I can't talk about on air. At the moment they're just trying to sort themselves out and yes I do have a good idea who it's going to be but I can't really say on air as the manager is still under contract"

Well that sounds to me like someone is defo on his way!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ooh! Exciting!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Unfortunately could refer to the current manager or the new one.

This has to come to a conclusion soon. I agree that it's a "strange situation". I understand it's common in some industries, but not really in mine or Football.

People that senior are usually gone or put on gardening leave in the football industry. However, wouldn't be surprised if FFP has led in some way to the delay for a number of reasons. In the sense that any out lay / compensation affects the playing budget directly ?

Made me think over the last few days generally. Perhaps what has happened here will become either more common or contracts will be changed in the future because of FFP.

The football industry cannot continue to pay unrealistic wages whilst offering long contracts and expect the fans to make up the short fall.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
If Gus did end up moving on (for whatever reason) I wonder whether we'd announce his departure on the same day as the arrival of the new manager, whoever it may be? Would be a good PR move I'd of imagined.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Someone emailed a question in for Barry Silkmen to answer "in his capacity as a football agent, does he have any idea who's going to be the next manager at Brighton"

Silkmen replies "I actually know the owner Tony Bloom and his brother Darren who I know even better and it's a real strange scenario whats happening which I can't talk about on air. At the moment they're just trying to sort themselves out and yes I do have a good idea who it's going to be but I can't really say on air as the manager is still under contract"

Well that sounds to me like someone is defo on his way!

Sounds to me like Barry Silkman bullshitting.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
any idea who we might be getting then??

No, although I suppose I could give an answer like the one Barry Silkman did and then say "I knew all along" when the name is revealed.

I'm sure Tony Bloom has a Plan B, C, D and beyond in place should we need a new manager for any reason - but I've no idea who they are, and no idea why he would let Silkman know. Darren Bloom may have his ideas, but they might not be the same as his brother's ...

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
At last some real news that tells us more than the Argus has!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
i would like the club to announce the new manager - and at the bottom quietly say "and poyet left."

but this would mean we looked for and interviewed manager/s while poyet was under contract....is this allowed?

it would be funny if we held the stalemate until fulham and swansea are sorted - then poyet would have no job and i would laugh my tits off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If Gus did end up moving on (for whatever reason) I wonder whether we'd announce his departure on the same day as the arrival of the new manager, whoever it may be? Would be a good PR move I'd of imagined.

Might also suggest that the investigation was decided before it concluded or maybe before it even commenced. I think they'll be a week delay between Poyet leaving and the new manager being confirmed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here