Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arming the rebels in Syria will be a disaster...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So the Americans are now going to start arming the Sunni rebels, while the Russians are arming Asad's side. The west meddled in Libya and got away with it, this one is gonna be a whole lot more complicated. A political solution is the only one available...

Last edited:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Give them pee shooters so they can stop tanks and aircraft which are bombing them and rolling over them, we oftern like to help the underdogs. We must not send our boys into another Iraq !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
let em fight amongst themselves and leave them to it. people cry when the west doesnt intervene, they cry when we do.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Dave in Prague you may ask. The only answer to trouble makers is round em up, put them in front of a wall, and fire a salvo of 303 Lee Enfields at 'em. That would silence them for good. Add the Al Kayedea louts and Muslim weirdos with all their pillar box/dalek face do's in this country and that would get the message through to the ragheads and miscreants who populate these Isles. Time for some discilpline and no no nonsence and ignoring EU namby pamby directives.
Next thing we know, we will be subsidising that lot.
I'm not racist by the way, just seeking true jusitce in this world.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Absolute lnsane to support the rebels, who are effectively backed by the very people we were supposed to be originally fighting in Afghanistan. Very clever.

And anyone who believes that US originating nonsense about Assad using chemical warfare after the Iraq WMD fiasco needs their head examining.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Dave in Prague you may ask. The only answer to trouble makers is round em up, put them in front of a wall, and fire a salvo of 303 Lee Enfields at 'em. That would silence them for good. Add the Al Kayedea louts and Muslim weirdos with all their pillar box/dalek face do's in this country and that would get the message through to the ragheads and miscreants who populate these Isles. Time for some discilpline and no no nonsence and ignoring EU namby pamby directives.
Next thing we know, we will be subsidising that lot.
I'm not racist by the way, just seeking true jusitce in this world.

you are in for a shoeing on here but more importantly can you recommend what you have been drinking?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I dont know why we keep interfering in other peoples civil wars.

you havnt figured it out yet?

i could say its about money,or maybe oil,or maybe its some quasi political game by the illuminati,perhaps its politicians gesticulating and trying desperately to stay in power or perhaps and i think this might be the winner we just keep democratically voting in the same old crap,with the same old agendas,.......maybe we are to blame.

meanwhile the people of Syria are having a crap day

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
D in P - you are probably a handwringer , and as such are insignificant in our moderrn world and similarly deserve a shooting !
By the way, tonight I have had two bottles of Peroni, plus a cafe con leche. That's a milky coffee.
The drink of champions.

Time for some discilpline and no no nonsence and ignoring EU namby pamby directives.
Current EU policy on intervention in Syria seems to me to have been more or less entirely determined by the UK government and forced on the rest of the EU by Cameron.

Not that this gives me any confidence in it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Current EU policy on intervention in Syria seems to me to have been more or less entirely determined by the UK government and forced on the rest of the EU by Cameron.

Not that this gives me any confidence in it.

having just spent 2 weeks in good old USA i cant help but think the European policy is more aligned to what is coming out of the White House.There is no major stomach to get involved in this conflict from the average joe citizen but republicans are pushing hard politically for Obama to get involved, they are trying their utmost to make him look weak on foreign policy

having just spent 2 weeks in good old USA i cant help but think the European policy is more aligned to what is coming out of the White House.There is no major stomach to get involved in this conflict from the average joe citizen but republicans are pushing hard politically for Obama to get involved, they are trying their utmost to make him look weak on foreign policy
You mean that policy on Syria is being formulated in the US and Europe with very little consideration of the interests of the Syrian people?

That tells us something.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You mean that policy on Syria is being formulated in the US and Europe with very little consideration of the interests of the Syrian people?

That tells us something.

was just saying the Syrian policy is mostly determined by the USA,you give more credit than is due to Cameron with regard to him running the show in Europe,i can only presume you take this stance because you just dont like the bloke as opposed to what is going on around you politically

was just saying the Syrian policy is mostly determined by the USA,you give more credit than is due to Cameron with regard to him running the show in Europe,i can only presume you take this stance because you just dont like the bloke as opposed to what is going on around you politically
I made the point about Cameron mainly because this was a decision taken at EU level which owed more to London than to Brussels. We are not always passive players in Europe, or "victims" of European decisions, as some people seem to think.

I don't disagree, though, that it's US domestic politics that trumps most other things relating to the Middle East. This carries huge dangers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here