glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
great stuff

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I can actually remember that old wooden West Stand, which burnt down after the game, when we beat Watford for our first ever promotion to the old division 2.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Brilliant! Thanks for the link. Grea to see a snapshot of 1930s style training (and humour).

I had no idea that the 'Tamplin's Ales - Brighton's Winning Beers' advertising had lasted so long, from 1930s to the early 1970s.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Also, very interesting to see the players doing work with the ball in training. Wasn't the received wisdom at the time that if the players didn't see the ball during the week it would make them all the more keen to see it on Saturdays during the match?

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Also, very interesting to see the players doing work with the ball in training. Wasn't the received wisdom at the time that if the players didn't see the ball during the week it would make them all the more keen to see it on Saturdays during the match?

Maybe they didn't see much of the ball during the game

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Golf Club is West Hove, used to run to the edge of West Blatchington Junior School. Used to have Nine holes. It features quite a lot in my younger life.
I also remember the Goldstone with the old wooden stand, the thing that sticks most in my mind is the picket fence all the way round the edge, after the war it was painted white.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I could see my old standing place !

And where were they ?

Why, " down in Hove" , actually.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
that is superb,
what is the structure behind the north east corner,behind the bill board

or is it just a block of flats in the distance?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here