Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo interview

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
Good interview, well written too for a footy blog.

Those outraged on here that we failed to sign Bridge should remember we were forced to sell the likes of Virgo not so long ago just to survive.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I bloody love Virgs.

For me, he perfectly encapsulated the roll-your-sleeves-up attitude that we needed to survive during the Withdean era. I really hope he gets sorted with a new club soon.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I bloody love Virgs.

For me, he perfectly encapsulated the roll-your-sleeves-up attitude that we needed to survive during the Withdean era. I really hope he gets sorted with a new club soon.

Echo that and of course will NEVER be forgotten for that 120th minute goal.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
That spell he had up front where he had a decent scoring record and scored some beauties, despite being a cumbersome centre half with limited ability, was the stuff of legend.

His goal at Leicester will live with me forever.

Mark McBurney

Jun 15, 2013
Hello,

As my username might suggest, I'm the guy who wrote the interview. Thank you for your kind words; as a Bristol Rovers fan I've always felt an affinity with any other clubs who didn't have much cash so always liked Brighton, and was very happy when we signed Adam.

I've done a few interviews with other Rovers players (although I think Adam is the only one with any connection to the Seagulls) so I was pleased when he said he'd do it, but to be honest I never realised half of what he's been through in life. What an amazing person and my respect for him went through the roof.

Someone on Twitter told me that they'd put it on this forum hence why I joined to say thank you - I've shown Adam the comments and he's overwhelmed by your messages of support. Bizarrely the interview formed the basis of a two-page spread in Scottish daily the Daily Record today! Slow news day in Scotland...

All the best to you for the coming season; I'm hoping its sooner rather than later that we get to play you so that I can see your amazing stadium.

Best wishes

Mark

P.s. How's Will Hoskins doing??

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
There's actually another thread on this with a few more responses, Mark. Cheers for sharing. Virgs is and always will be an Albion hero. Genuine lovely bloke as well, hope everything turns out well for him.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Great player for the Albion and just goes to show about the behind the scenes events in a footballers life and how they have to deal with public and private issues.
No surprises for me as far as Gordon Strachan's management approach is concerned.
I wish Adam all the best and who knows we may see him in another footballing role in the future.

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
Hello,

As my username might suggest, I'm the guy who wrote the interview. Thank you for your kind words; as a Bristol Rovers fan I've always felt an affinity with any other clubs who didn't have much cash so always liked Brighton, and was very happy when we signed Adam.

I've done a few interviews with other Rovers players (although I think Adam is the only one with any connection to the Seagulls) so I was pleased when he said he'd do it, but to be honest I never realised half of what he's been through in life. What an amazing person and my respect for him went through the roof.

Someone on Twitter told me that they'd put it on this forum hence why I joined to say thank you - I've shown Adam the comments and he's overwhelmed by your messages of support. Bizarrely the interview formed the basis of a two-page spread in Scottish daily the Daily Record today! Slow news day in Scotland...

All the best to you for the coming season; I'm hoping its sooner rather than later that we get to play you so that I can see your amazing stadium.

Best wishes

Mark

P.s. How's Will Hoskins doing??

we have yet to see the best of him.he has been unlucky with injuries but hopefully next season he will stay injury free.what little i have seen of him gives me hope that he can make a real contribution in the upcoming season

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I would add my backing for Adam to become some form of club ambassador one day if he wanted I couldn't think of a better person or roll model. Hero.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here