Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ESSEX bowled out for 20 off 14.2 pvers

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
is that a record?

I once played in a game for Staplefield when we weer bowled out for 18!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
How?! Just HOW does that happen?
Mickleburgh top scorer with 10 was in for 65 minutes as well.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
is that a record?

I once played in a game for Staplefield when we weer bowled out for 18!

When I worked for Link Miles in Lancing, we put together a team and entered the Worthing evening league. We played Lancing Tescos in our first season and we were all out for 11 ! I faced 2 balls and didn't see either of them.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Hilarious, apparently my team Keymer & Hassocks CC once bowled a team out for 0, it made the national papers.

These are the lowest domestic scores according to the BBC site:

• 12 - Northamptonshire v Gloucestershire: Spa Ground, Gloucester 1907
  • 13 - Nottinghamshire v Yorkshire: Trent Bridge, Nottingham 1901
  • 14 - Surrey v Essex: County Ground, Chelmsford 1983
  • 15 - Hampshire v Warwickshire: Edgbaston, Birmingham 1922 (Hampshire won game)
  • 16 - Warwickshire v Kent: Angel Ground, Tonbridge 1913
  • 20 - Sussex v Yorkshire: The Circle, Hull 1922
  • 20 - Derbyshire v Yorkshire: Bramall Lane, Sheffield 1939

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Played in a game for kemp town, where I opened with my mate mike Thomson...he bowled 10 overs, 10 maidens 2 wickets for 0....I bowled 10 overs 6 maidens, 4 for five rus. We bowled Patcham out for 29.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My friend Lawrence took 9/7 when we skittled out Temple Grove for 24. He missed his 10 wicket match as the 11th batsman refused to come out!

I'd have dragged him out by the hair. What a shit.

10 is the holy grail. To be cheated out of it would be outrageous.

I've taken 9, but the other wicket was the 5th to fall so never a chance of the 10.
I also took the first 6 one game last year, but the captain made me come off as I was 'spoiling the game' (they were 11-6). The 9 was a league game so I was allowed to fill my boots!

I played a game where the other opening bowler took the first 9. I was at the other end, deliberately bowling wide of the stumps, after he got to 6 or 7. It was in the Liverpool league and the bowlers had a 15 over restriction. He had his last three deliveries to a 13 year old lad, and couldn't get him.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Nice. I never tire of hearing cricketing feats or stories.

There was a great deal of bad feeling after that. Definitely a let down by their headmaster.

Lawrence was a 6'2" man mountain at 12. Other schools refused to let him play against them in rugby as he was too big = good.

My finest bowling was 6/12. I took the last six wickets having been ignored by the captain until that stage. Never got near to a 10.

We must make an REMF cricket match come to life one day.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Hmm. That wasn't so good! :blush::ffsparr:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Hilarious, apparently my team Keymer & Hassocks CC once bowled a team out for 0, it made the national papers.
Sorry to be late here but I've been unable to respond since seeing this.
I played in the game mentioned above but let me explain. It was a national inter pub contest run by some company. We at the Windmill Inn, Burgess Hill thought it a laugh and entered even though we had never picked up a bat before. We got drawn against the Greyhound Pub in Keymer. Our landlord offered the usual barrel to the winning team. We got in a few days practice on a local green and practiced even more knocking back the barrel. Come the day of the match The Greyhound team arrived all in whites, indeed we thought they'd even borrowed the local teams minibus. I remember they batted first but no idea of the score or why they stopped. Then it was our turn. All out '0'. At some point it did dawn on us that the Greyhound pub team WAS the Keymer & Hassocks CC.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here