Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Sportinglife Football Headlines...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
WHELAN CONFIRMS COYLE APPOINTMENT

LAUDRUP TO STAY AT SWANSEA - AGENT

SCHUSTER NAMED NEW MALAGA BOSS

So, as one door closes another door closes...

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Options are running out for our Gus,.... he is waiting for that dream job,... Jose's P.A. at the Bridge...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
After today it looks as if all of Prem and big Championship jobs are filled for the start of the season, Malaga and Mallorca also sorted and Zaragoza close to appointing Paco Herrera.

Sitting tight until the Autumn cull begins now looks the most likely option for Gus, but where will that leave the club? Total mess.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Sitting tight until the Autumn cull begins now looks the most likely option for Gus, but where will that leave the club? Total mess.
It will yes, but I don't think the 3 Amigos care do they??... I think they are just holding out for the mighty payoff,.... don't forget that Charlie is a QPR man at heart, and Gus and Tanno will just follow the fame and fortune.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I dunno. Gus told the players he thought he'd be leaving. Chances are it was to a job that's already been filled or where the chairman is sticking with what he's got, otherwise his statement doesn't make sense. Seems odd especially when his management team need the work more badly than he does - I expect to be seeing a lot of Gus as TV pundit over the next 4 months, maybe not so much Tanno and Oatway.

Whether or not this gets resolved quickly will depend on how much more of a **** Gus wants to be. Behaving like an arse to your former employer is no barrier to a top job; this is handbags compared to Paolo Di Canio's previous prior to joining desperate Sunderland.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Without the post Palace interview and suspension I wonder whether Gus would have got one of those jobs. Maybe he was never going to get one of them at this stage in his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here