Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to Change the Manager....

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ok Im the first to say Sven still has an excellent record for us and has done a good job, i just feel he cant take us any further.

Our best starting 11 played last night with the exception of Ferdinand for Terry and im wondering what Sven is going to do to take us to the next level ?

A change of Direction in my opinion at the helm is required.

Whoever takes the job is still going to pick those 11 as they are our best players.

Step to the plate Martin O'Neill.

This man constantly gets an extra 20% out of every player that plays for him, and if he can do that for the players and quality we have, im sure that will tip the scales in our favour.

I want to see some passion on the side of the park, someone driving the team on and forward.

Any thoughts ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given a choice I'd go for O'Neill everytime. The man is a passionate winner, Sven is not .

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
o'neill would be class! the england squad lacks a driving force. Theres no real passionate captain and the manager just sits on the side like a puppet! Need someone to g them up!Ive never seen a manger moivate a team like o'neill!

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Need the drive on the pitch

you can have a mental manager screming and shouting but if you dont have a player who gees them on the pitch no chance

sven should keep the job

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
what a load of tosh, sven has lost 3 games that mean anything i doubt many current managers at international level can say that

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Micky Adams for England!

Fit and highly motivated players are what we need. A bit of passion. Sven is a bit Steve Gritt sometimes in his inanimated stance at the edge of the pitch.

Still, at least I don't have to worry about finding somewhere to watch the semis in Bolivia now. Guess they will be more interested in the Copa America.

VENGAS BOLIVIANAS!

:drink:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
his f***ing record in this tournament was played 4 lost 2, doesnt sound great to me! Oh lets counts our friends against teams like iceland, like they mean f*** all!

Mickey adams, he couldnt do a job for england, if his leicester squad dont show respect for him, the england team wouldnt! O'Neill is the man, but i cant see him wanting the job!Any i have a feeling sven will be there a lot longer!:nono:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
kinkygerbil said:
what a load of tosh, sven has lost 3 games that mean anything i doubt many current managers at international level can say that

It's the way they are lost that needs to be questioned

Brazil - pathetic performance against 10 men for 45 mins without a shot

France - Trying to sit on a lead for most of the game, unlikely to work against a class team, the fact that it nearly did is not a good enough excuse for playing that way

Portugal - repeat of France, although the simple solution is to blame the ref.

I think we would do better with O'Neill, but I doubt we'll ever know as most people are happy to settle for mediocrity followed by heroic failure.

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Sometimes sven just lacks the bottle to make a coterversial decision

beckham off he clearly needed to come off last night

ok putting my self up to be shot down Heskey on for rooney he must of seen the midfield was punting balls up field and owen was form play the big man behind own and cause the dodgy defence some hassle

waiting for the abuse:shootself

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Marshy said:
im not argueing with his record.

But can he take us any further ?
i think he can, but he needs to stop picking average players like heskey vessell and neville when there are better players out there.
he has fallen into the taylor trap and picking players that have once or twice down a job for him such as heskey and vessell

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
the trouble is not in the management . . .its the FA . . .hiding behind wood panelled archaic policy, you are NEVER going to get any consistent cohesive team play from a bunch of overpaid mercenaries who just get together for the odd week here and there.

I do think we should have an English manager though . . .and that should apply to all nations, if yor managing a national side you should be of the same nationality.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
but he isnt picking heskey vassell and Neville.......

I hope your not implying Gary Neville who was superb in this tournament.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Errr..... we are not very good, fitness levels of English players are poor because they believe they can still get pissed and play at the top level 3 days later. Sven knows the limitations of the side and has created a system that deals with them as best we can.

As for Mickey Adams, he has just had Leicester relegated, despite passion and commitment, which simply resulted in some of his players acting like arseholes in La Manga.

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston

I do think we should have an English manager though . . .and that should apply to all nations, if yor managing a national side you should be of the same nationality. [/B]

For the big nations yes english football is so different to the contient to ask players to play on style in the prem then one style in the euros with very different managers styles is not good

how many managers in the prem sit and watch the game the way sven does?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I can't be arsed with this, The FA are not going to sack Sven so lets just forget last night get behind the Mighty Seagulls for the next season and see some real passion.

Gary Neville or Danny Cullip!? I know which one I'd chose!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here