Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Time to Change the Manager....

0 Not allowed!
    Ok Im the first to say Sven still has an excellent record for us and has done a good job, i just feel he cant take us any further.

Our best starting 11 played last night with the exception of Ferdinand for Terry and im wondering what Sven is going to do to take us to the next level ?

A change of Direction in my opinion at the helm is required.

Whoever takes the job is still going to pick those 11 as they are our best players.

Step to the plate Martin O'Neill.

This man constantly gets an extra 20% out of every player that plays for him, and if he can do that for the players and quality we have, im sure that will tip the scales in our favour.

I want to see some passion on the side of the park, someone driving the team on and forward.

Any thoughts ?
    I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Yes.

you're a
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Given a choice I'd go for O'Neill everytime. The man is a passionate winner, Sven is not .
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff
      Yiddoooooooooooo

0 Not allowed!
      o'neill would be class! the england squad lacks a driving force. Theres no real passionate captain and the manager just sits on the side like a puppet! Need someone to g them up!Ive never seen a manger moivate a team like o'neill!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Need the drive on the pitch

you can have a mental manager screming and shouting but if you dont have a player who gees them on the pitch no chance

sven should keep the job
      Always looking on the bright side of life
      Im The Scatman

0 Not allowed!
      what a load of tosh, sven has lost 3 games that mean anything i doubt many current managers at international level can say that

0 Not allowed!
      Micky Adams for England!

Fit and highly motivated players are what we need. A bit of passion. Sven is a bit Steve Gritt sometimes in his inanimated stance at the edge of the pitch.

Still, at least I don't have to worry about finding somewhere to watch the semis in Bolivia now. Guess they will be more interested in the Copa America.

VENGAS BOLIVIANAS!

Russ: PROUD that ENGLAND is my home, but my heart is forever travelling
      Seagulls over Spain
      Formerly Seagulls over Saigon, Seagulls over the Southern Med (Tunisia), Caspian Seagulls, Gaviotas sobre Sudamerica and Seagulls over Sheepshaggers

0 Not allowed!
      im not argueing with his record.

But can he take us any further ?
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.
      Yiddoooooooooooo

0 Not allowed!
      his ****ing record in this tournament was played 4 lost 2, doesnt sound great to me! Oh lets counts our friends against teams like iceland, like they mean **** all!

Mickey adams, he couldnt do a job for england, if his leicester squad dont show respect for him, the england team wouldnt! O'Neill is the man, but i cant see him wanting the job!Any i have a feeling sven will be there a lot longer!
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by kinkygerbil
      what a load of tosh, sven has lost 3 games that mean anything i doubt many current managers at international level can say that
      It's the way they are lost that needs to be questioned

Brazil - pathetic performance against 10 men for 45 mins without a shot

France - Trying to sit on a lead for most of the game, unlikely to work against a class team, the fact that it nearly did is not a good enough excuse for playing that way

Portugal - repeat of France, although the simple solution is to blame the ref.

I think we would do better with O'Neill, but I doubt we'll ever know as most people are happy to settle for mediocrity followed by heroic failure.