Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

academy

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
Did anyone else hear Ian Danter on talksport this morning say he had heard that we were pulling plug on academy, it was certainly news to me but think he must have got us mixed up with someone else at least I hope so but with all the cost cutting etc....

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I find that hard to believe, seeing as it has already been started

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This is 100% not true, very limited knowledge regarding Albion going on but this is definitiely something I would know about.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If they have someone should tell the blokes driving the jcb's etc that were moving around the site this morning.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Did anyone else hear Ian Danter on talksport this morning say he had heard that we were pulling plug on academy, it was certainly news to me but think he must have got us mixed up with someone else at least I hope so but with all the cost cutting etc....

Yep, heard the same on my drive into work, in the context of EPPP and Phil Brown discussing Southend.

I haven't bothered mentioning it as it was clear he didn't know what he was talking about - he also described us as a "profitable Championship club."

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Not true.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can't believe there is truth in this especially as only a short time back we got permission for more pitches.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Can't believe this is true but wasn't anyone there when I drove past at 8.30 this morning, thought it strange at time because normally lots going on there. Perhaps they were all listening to Talksport and went home

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

I heard this as well. Danter is a top bloke despite being a Bluenose.
However this wouldn't be the first time he has said something about the Albion that has proved to be untrue.
I know cos I made myself look a plank by posting it:dunce:

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Just had a quick Google, couldnt find anything saying its been put on hold... I know alot of the residents around there where moaning though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here