Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Head for Heights

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I admit I have not got a head for heights (although I did spend a few weeks on the sixth floor at the top of a winch) but this bloke must have no nerves.

[yt]2Fs0hkdJzk8[/yt]

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
This is the video you want when it comes to balls of steel and a head for heights.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I suppose they do have some form of satety harness - the bloke up the crane looks dressed for the pub. These people must be different from most of us (I was going to say mad - but maybe they have the right idea).

It's mainly free climbing, the safety harness is only for once they get up the top and a brief rest. I still wouldn't do it.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Having done a lot of climbing, I can assure you that climbing down is far scarier than climbing up.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The Russian stuff on YouTube of people doing one-handed pull-ups 'miles' off the ground, walking along crane arms etc. turns my stomach. How can people do that?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
My bollocks have disappeared so far up into my stomach I don't think I will ever see them again.

I'm not someone who is scared of heights as a general rule, if I had the proper safety gear and a harness I like to think I would have a go at climbing anything, even that antenna.

But to do anything like that? Without safety gear. Not a ****ing chance!!!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
BLUUUUUGGGHH !!!:sick::sick::sick::sick::mad::mad::mad::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::wrong::wrong::wrong::wrong:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Crazy people!

Also these 'types'. Sleeping 4,000 feet up a mountain :eek::eek::eek:

How the hell could you 'sleep'!?!

sideofmountain.jpg

Three tents are suspended off a 4,000ft vertical cliff in the Arctic as climbers get some much needed sleep

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Heres another one not for the feint hearted....

http://youtu.be/s-nTcslBXpA

on another note, how do you imbed videos so they appear as box on screen and not a link as I've just done? I've never been able to figure it out....

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Seen that Spanish path a few times still makes my stomach churn :eek:

Last edited:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Didn't some away fan climb up to the top of the floodlight pylon in the NE corner during a game at The Goldstone once? He got so much abuse from the crowd that he seemed a bit of a plonker, then got nicked for his trouble.

I also remember someone doing similar at The Valley during one of the Who concerts in the '70s and hanging upside down but guess they were under the influence of something interesting. No one bothered to go up and get him down, it was just a case of waiting 'til he got bored and came down again. The crowd didn't take much notice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here