Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rhys Murphy

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Used to be pretty highly rated when in the Arsenal youth set up. Went off the radar a couple of years ago. Interested to see what he's like now.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Sussex lad, seems to have done ok in Holland, worth a shout.

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
He did well with Telstar in Holland. I thought he was up training with Aberdeen now that Derek McInnes had taken over there?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Ex Worthing United youth no less, hope he does himself justice because the scouting system have identified that he's potentially good enough to play at Championship level.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
boundstone lancing ,decent lad ,was never a cocky player,hope it goes well for him

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Hope he does well. Mentioned a lot on here over the years. Highly rated but never quite come through. Not heard how he was doing in Holland, just that was over there?

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
8 Goals in 26 games for Telstar. At 6ft 1 I would presume he was more of a target man/hold up striker ??.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I spoke to him in a club in Brighton a year or so ago, we were talking about a couple of players we both know who he played against. He was a really decent lad and was seriously keen on playing for the Albion as he loved the set up.

he said he had a couple of serious injurys that had set him back, seemed like a decent lad, hope it works out for him and the Albion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sussex lad, seems to have done ok in Holland, worth a shout.

He did well with Telstar in Holland. I thought he was up training with Aberdeen now that Derek McInnes had taken over there?

8 Goals in 26 games for Telstar. At 6ft 1 I would presume he was more of a target man/hold up striker ??.

I've never seen Murphy play, and if he does join us, I hope he turns out to be brilliant, but its worth pointing out that the Dutch second division is shocking, and that his record is not as good there as Roland Bergkamp's...

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I'm a few of years older than him but knew of him at worthing utd, he used to score messi-esque number of goals at junior level. I heard he was scoring pretty freely in the arsenal ressies too, but never got a sniff of the first team, even in the league cup, and had a brief loan at Brentford that didn't go particularly well. Had a few injuries but turned down a new deal at arsenal and left for first team football, had a couple of unsuccessful trials in the MTL before joining telstar. From what I know of him I doubt he'd be much better than barker/toby, but worth a trial I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here