Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente open to a return to the Albion

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The Argus reports today that Vicente is keen on a return to the Amex, provided Gus Poyet is no longer in charge of the Seagulls.

Vicente has attracted interest from clubs in Spain, Belgium, Germany and Italy, but would "relish" a return to the South Coast under a different manager.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
The Argus reports today that Vicente is keen on a return to the Amex, provided Gus Poyet is no longer in charge of the Seagulls.

Vicente has attracted interest from clubs in Spain, Belgium, Germany and Italy, but would "relish" a return to the South Coast under a different manager.

Well let me see now, what has Vicente actually done for the club and what has Gus done for the club I wonder. Well, given the choice ...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

As good a player as he was/is, our style changed when he played and everything seemingly had to go through him. Coupled with the challenge of even getting him out on to the pitch due to injury, to be honest I'm not sure I want him back, and in the event he did, definitely pay as you play deal.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
As good a player as he was/is, our style changed when he played and everything seemingly had to go through him. Coupled with the challenge of even getting him out on to the pitch due to injury, to be honest I'm not sure I want him back, and in the event he did, definitely pay as you play deal.

Not sure if I entirely agree. Vicente said he was fit pretty much from the end of January. Poyet chose not to play him- I think because he couldn't get the TEAM to work when he was in the squad. However under a new manager, who knows what he could bring to the team. Surely with someone of Vicente's class can adapt.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Mmmm, 20 grand a week for not doing much, or no offers due to a reputation for being injury prone, which would you choose?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Left wing? I think he's more suited to behind the striker at this stage of his career.

Yes, spot on. A few of his passes were simply amazing this year. If he had problems with Poyet, then perhaps that's why there wasn't much to shout about this year?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wasn't it only a few months ago that those itk were telling us that Bloom was furious with Poyet for bringing in Vicente, who was taking the pee with his injury problems, and that his daughter was very unhappy at school?

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
I would rather jcf be given a chance this season . Not much point in as a club wanting to develop the youth into 1 st team players then leave a very good one out of the squad to accomodate vicente.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I would rather jcf be given a chance this season . Not much point in as a club wanting to develop the youth into 1 st team players then leave a very good one out of the squad to accomodate vicente.

Johnny come flatulently?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here