Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Year Contracts to Spanish Dave & El-Hab....

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Article in the Argus about Spanish Dave and his new contract today.
Like El-Hab, he has been offerred a 1 year contract.
El-Hab's was also on the same money as his current contract but this is not detailed about the Spanish Dave offer.
If I was in their position I would not think I was wanted by the club if they only offered 1 year.
I get the impression we are offering the basic and if I was in their position I too would be looking for more security.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Article in the Argus about Spanish Dave and his new contract today.
Like El-Hab, he has been offerred a 1 year contract.
El-Hab's was also on the same money as his current contract but this is not detailed about the Spanish Dave offer.
If I was in their position I would not think I was wanted by the club if they only offered 1 year.
I get the impression we are offering the basic and if I was in their position I too would be looking for more security.

Or maybe, considering they have been brilliant for us but we do not know who our manager is going to be, the new manager may have different plans that affect El-Abd and Dave so we can either show them the door in January and thank them for their services at the end of the season ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
El Abd and Spanish Dave may be after 2 year deals which other clubs might be willing to offer. Do the club stick to the offer on the table or reach a compromise (one year plus one year option) ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Doesnt the club only offer 1 year extensions for those over 30 ? If so, that would explain why Spanish Dave only has a 1 year contract.

El-Abd is currently 28 so it wouldnt be this case with him. Perhaps he is viewed as one of the weaker CBs (after Greer and Upson*) so is being a year to prove himself.

*= Should we sign Upson or a solid equivalent CB.

And its El-ABD - this is the second thread ive seen you get the player with a 3 lettered surname(ish) wrong.

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
Doesnt the club only offer 1 year extensions for those over 30 ? If so, that would explain why Spanish Dave only has a 1 year contract.

El-Abd is currently 28 so it wouldnt be this case with him. Perhaps he is viewed as one of the weaker CBs (after Greer and Upson*) so is being a year to prove himself.

And its El-ABD - this is the second thread ive seen you get the player with a 3 lettered surname(ish) wrong.

I spelt it Al Abd in another thread :blush:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Who the feck is el hab?

Its one of the several official Warren Aspinall pronunciations , other radio commentators covering the opposition club usually ask him how to pronounce the name correctly.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Will be a lot happier when they sign. 1 year seems a little harsh especially for El-Abd after all his time here, but I think without a manager it's safer to be cautious than rush into commitments.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

He's called El Hab by our friend Warren,love listening to him...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here