Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldstone to Falmer

brightonbus

May 22, 2013
Brighton
Last year, I came to my first ever Albion match as a paying member. I enjoyed it so much that I started coming on a regular basis and ended up bringing my god son and friends sons (11, 15 & 12). So much so that now we all have season tickets for the next season. I have to point out I'm 46, openly gay (Queenie on the back of my shirt!) and very new to this football, is it my mid-life crisis??
A very good friend of mine, Paul C, lent me the book about the last days of the Goldstone ground. I remember being there as a member of St John but never took an interest in the games! I should have. I was there for the last game and saw all those that took everything and could not understand why. Now I know.

I wanted to say, I'm sorry for not taking more of an interest in the game and importantly the club. I can now fully understand why, we, as fans get so emotional. It was compelling reading, very difficult to put down. The club has turned the corner I hope but what I wanted to say was THANK YOU.
We have enjoyed every game, win, lose or draw and the atmosphere has been amazing.
THANK YOU, all of you that supported the club through it's darkest hours, I have been touched and moved by your sheer determination and persistance. It was all worth it.
THANK YOU.

Last year, I came to my first ever Albion match as a paying member. I enjoyed it so much that I started coming on a regular basis and ended up bringing my god son and friends sons (11, 15 & 12). So much so that now we all have season tickets for the next season. I have to point out I'm 46, openly gay (Queenie on the back of my shirt!) and very new to this football, is it my mid-life crisis??
A very good friend of mine, Paul C, lent me the book about the last days of the Goldstone ground. I remember being there as a member of St John but never took an interest in the games! I should have. I was there for the last game and saw all those that took everything and could not understand why. Now I know.

I wanted to say, I'm sorry for not taking more of an interest in the game and importantly the club. I can now fully understand why, we, as fans get so emotional. It was compelling reading, very difficult to put down. The club has turned the corner I hope but what I wanted to say was THANK YOU.
We have enjoyed every game, win, lose or draw and the atmosphere has been amazing.
THANK YOU, all of you that supported the club through it's darkest hours, I have been touched and moved by your sheer determination and persistance. It was all worth it.
THANK YOU.

Its been emotional:blush:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
errm...

It is, I'm a real person and wanted to have my say. I'm new to this site as well so please go easy on me??

In that case, welcome to NSC.

Couple of tips, don't take anything personally and fight you corner.

Palace trolls are everywhere.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
In that case, welcome to NSC.

Couple of tips, don't take anything personally and fight you corner.

Palace trolls are everywhere

:safeway:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you were St John Ambulance at the Goldstone, are you tall with big Eric Morecambe glasses?

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Assuming a genuine new poster, nice comments and welcome to The World Of Albion....a world of pain and occasional elation with pies, ale and scarves for good measure. Glad you're enjoying it and no it's not a mid-life crisis. Not unless I started mine aged 8!!!

brightonbus

May 22, 2013
Brighton
I was put at the back of the north stand and only went to a few games. At the last match I stood under the clock in the north west corner. I was at withdean for all the home games. I once sat pitchside but most of the time I was at the first aid post.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Thank you. I like to think we fought so hard for the whole community, not just ourselves. That always included the fans of the future.

And well done for starting one of NSC's rare feelgood threads.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well, as a very much HETERO-sexual member of the Brighton & Hove Albion football supporting community, thank you for your post, and yes, it's been quite a journey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here