Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has a choice of Albion manager ever stop you going to games?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
No never. Pathetic reason to not support the team

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Not at all. That's like avoiding a band you love because you don't like the label. I'd be surprised if many of these people saying "if x is our next manager I will tear up my season ticket" are being honest. More likely they will bitch about it on here but begrudgingly accept the decision like the rest of us.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Hated the baz lloyd years so didn't attend as much as before his appearance,i know of a guy who would not watch the albion whilst liam brady was in charge,what about the rest of you????

Never.

And it never would.

Unless......you were manager. Then I would.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
B.Lloyd was closest to drive me away but never happened

edit sorry mis read thread , The Lloyd choice while curious I got behind its only what he took us from and to bar 91 that divided so many

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Hated the baz lloyd years so didn't attend as much as before his appearance....

SURELY THE TRUE FANS WOULD GO NO MATTER WHAT?:wink:

hangman.gif

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Mickey Adams second spell in charge seriously pissed me off as I liked what Wilkins was buliding and doing at the club at the time.

I stayed away for the first few games of his era just protest, wish I had stayed away for all of it.

Did we sign one decent loan player in that time?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
While there are plenty of names being batted around as potential replacements for gus, there are none that I think "oh yes please, I want them, they're the only choice", ther are a lot that are "hmm, whatever, guess I'll wait and see" (gus was such a manager last time around). There are some that I think "oh, please no, surely Bloom et al are smarter than that!", bt even if one of them were to get the job I'd still go and support the team.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well with the 7,000 crowd for Lloyds first game in charge would indicate otherwise??? SO WHAT MAKES CROWDS GO UP AND DOWN SURELY THE TRUE FANS WOULD GO NO MATTER WHAT?:wink:

Oh I think TRUE fans do go no matter what. What makes the attendance figures fluctuate, is the number of extra people who jump on the bandwagon when the team is doing exceptionally well.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I was put off by Poyet's crap football. I go to matches for excitement and entertainment - not to be bored to sleep. I just cannot wait 'till he has gone officially!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
my late father gave up on watching the albion at the goldstone under barry lloyd, citing crap football and not enjoying it any more....unfortunately he never made it to watch us at the Amex ( or withdean or Gillingham for that matter)

Oh I think TRUE fans do go no matter what. What makes the attendance figures fluctuate, is the number of extra people who jump on the bandwagon when the team is doing exceptionally well.

So if you thought a board or manager was damaging your club would you still pay money into that regime and extend its life? Found alot of the people that refused to attend were better fans than those that didn't have a clue or care what was happening to the club but continued going.So the season ticket holders at Gillingham were the only true fans????

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I know he got us to our highest ever position and I didn't stop going to watch,but during Mike Bailey's regime I was frequently given smelling salts by the bloke in the next seat to wake me up!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well with the 7,000 crowd for Lloyds first game in charge would indicate otherwise??? SO WHAT MAKES CROWDS GO UP AND DOWN SURELY THE TRUE FANS WOULD GO NO MATTER WHAT?:wink:

Show's how badly they got it wrong, he's our most successful manager after Mullery...... One game from the premiership etc..., with a near bankrupt club.

Took us down as well though...... Allegedly punched Bellotti so not all bad.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here