Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ICC Champions Trophy, 8th Match, Group A: England v Sri Lanka at The Oval, Jun 13, 2013

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Sri Lanka won the toss and elected to field

England Team
cook bell trott JE Root, EJG Morgan, RS Bopara, JC Buttler†, TT Bresnan, SCJ Broad, GP Swann, JM Anderson

Sri Lanka team

MDKJ Perera, TM Dilshan, KC Sangakkara†, DPMD Jayawardene, LD Chandimal, AD Mathews*, HDRL Thirimanne, KMDN Kulasekara, HMRKB Herath, RMS Eranga, SL Malinga

latest score 63 for 1

Ian bell the man out playing a crap shot to get out

Reasonable start in what commentary suggests are tricky conditions. 260 looks like it would be a good score on this wicket, 240 competitive.

I'm hoping that England win only one of their two remaining games as I have tickets for the semi final at Sophia Gardens...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Cook survives an inside edge whistling past his stumps. Along with his dropped catch and about three other airy fairy shots. I have no idea how he is still in.

Relatively attacking stuff now from these two - wonder if the pitch is flattening out a bit? I like the way that they've kept the scoreboard ticking over; dot balls create pressure (at least for everybody except Trott) but they've been able to take 4+ singles off pretty much every over since Bell was out, and are now able to plunder a few boundaries off the 5th bowler.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good stuff here from Trott and Cook - pat pat, dot dot, single here, single there. Hopefully they'll still be there tomorrow tea time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here