Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bulk buying netbooks

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
ahoy NSC. I have been tasked with sourcing 10 x netbooks for my company. has anyone bought multiple netbooks before? can anyone recommend me a site to look for them please? :blush:

p.s. nothing too expensive, basic office work, internet access, emailing etc.....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i thought netbooks had gone? squeezed out between fondleslabs and thinner/lighter laptops?

hazard a guess what you'll want really, is cheap laptops? you might want to go direct to a supplier like HP, Dell, Lenevo, or the channel such as Dabs or Misco. what ever you do, make sure you understand what you (or business) want first, spec, support etc. they'll will try to upsell you so know your requirements and budget and stick to it.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't know what type of company you work for, but I will offer my cautionary tale.

Some years ago, I was working in a junior admin position in a large-ish University. The Senior Management Team of the School I worked in decided that they each needed a netbook. Therefore they picked out the ones they wanted, and asked me to order them (which I did). My job was literally ordering things - I was not responsible for due-diligence or getting quotes - that was all done before things were handed to me to order and cost against the relevant department's budget.

Unbeknownst to me, the SMT did not consult with the University's IT department before asking me to order. Once the netbooks arrived, it turned out that they were non-returnable (because they were bought as part of a snap-sale), and not compatible with the University's network. In short, they were useless expensive lumps of plastic.

Therefore, my advice is, check with your IT team (if you have one) - it could save your employer a bucketload.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here