Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parks and Recreation.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Anyone else watch this superb comedy on BBC4? Ron Swanson is a brilliant character and Chris Pratt's character is very funny. Plus it has Rashida Jones (daughter of Quincy, fact fans) and she makes my dick hard.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Quite superb, why it is stuck on BBC 4 is beyond me though

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Anyone else watch this superb comedy on BBC4?
Plus it has Rashida Jones (daughter of Quincy, fact fans) and she makes my dick hard.

Yes one of my fave sitcoms now after 30 rock has finished :( but really glad Arrested development has made a return!
Daughter of Quincy or the actor who played him ;) or Quincy Jones?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've watched it a bit. The episodes i have seen have been hit and miss really. It's pleasant enough, but the smugness of all American comedy makes it difficult for me to stomach comfortably. All that talking to camera stuff gets on my wick. Has a fun theme tune though.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think the first series was a bit hit and miss but I can't agree with the smugness description. I thought it was anything but smug.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think the first series was a bit hit and miss but I can't agree with the smugness description. I thought it was anything but smug.

It's just those over-oranged tv Americans that i struggle with the acceptance of. Even with the crumbling cardboard backgrounds of 80s british comedy, i could believe in them so much more thanks to their cracked teeth, uncouth haistyles and painfully stained characters. It's the same with these gritty US dramas. They don't seem to realise that life isn't yellow (xanthic - that was my dictionary word of the day and i am glad i got to use it before i forget it again).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's just those over-oranged tv Americans that i struggle with the acceptance of. Even with the crumbling cardboard backgrounds of 80s british comedy, i could believe in them so much more thanks to their cracked teeth, uncouth haistyles and painfully stained characters. It's the same with these gritty US dramas. They don't seem to realise that life isn't yellow (xanthic - that was my dictionary word of the day and i am glad i got to use it before i forget it again).

Fair do's

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Best comedy on at the moment, bar none.

I did a bit of googling and it looks like the BBC haven't picked up, or at least hadn't when it first started airing, the 3rd series onwards. This made me sad and for me, the situation is a blood-soaked nightmare-ish hellscape.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I mentioned it ages ago in the 'Obscure US tv recommendations' thread, but forgot to bounce it when it started over here.

For anyone who didn't watch it, buy the DVD's, find a moody download, but do watch it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here