Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo interview

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Interesting article and I wish Virgs the best of luck for the rest of his career.
I hope he can get fit and have a good run of fortune from now on.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Enjoyed reading that. Didn't realise quite how much shit he's been through. I remember serving him dinner at a pub I used to work at back home in Brighton when he was on loan at Colchester. He could tell I was completely starstruck and made a point of coming over to shake my hand before he left. A gent.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Comes across as a top bloke, got to shake his hand after one of the back to back Withdean League Title pitch invasions (can't remember which one it was) but I was surprised by his vice like grip for such a young lad. Hope he gets his injuries sorted and gets another shot. Will always be remembered for that goal against Swindon in the play offs. Would be nice to see him at the Amex (with a visiting side) so we can give him a warm reception.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Comes across as a top bloke, got to shake his hand after one of the back to back Withdean League Title pitch invasions (can't remember which one it was) but I was surprised by his vice like grip for such a young lad. Hope he gets his injuries sorted and gets another shot. Will always be remembered for that goal against Swindon in the play offs. Would be nice to see him at the Amex (with a visiting side) so we can give him a warm reception.

He will always be remembered for that £1.5 Million that helped keep us going during the Wilderness Years at Withdean.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He's been though a lot hasn't he! With the strength of character he's got I'm sure he'll succeed in whatever he does.

All the best AV.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Virgs is a top bloke and I hope he sorts himself out.

He was never worth 1.5 mil tho lol

Getting £1.5 million for Virgo was the greatest robbery since Ronnie Biggs & co decided to let the train take the strain.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Played golf with him, Tank and David Lee as part of REMF on the day Steve Coppell took over. Top guy, ensured I won his shirt... infact they were all top value TBH

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Getting £1.5 million for Virgo was the greatest robbery since Ronnie Biggs & co decided to let the train take the strain.

It paid a vital tax bill which kept the club alive as much as any other thing that happened in the 14 years in the wilderness. What a good thing Strachan & McGhee were close friends eh?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here