Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PSG have made contact with Laudrap

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Just listening to the Swansea Football Reporter on the radio.
Club have severed ties with Laudrup's Agent for trying to take control of club transfer policy (trying to sell Williams).
He states that contact has been made by PSG to the agent and Reporter states that he does not think Laudrup will be there at the start of the season.
Reporter said he found Laudrup's behaviour over the clubs transfer budget surprising as he was aware when he signed his new contract at the start of the year the limitations the club had (sound familar?).
Gus was also high on this list before Laudrup was appionted.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
If this has legs you would expect PSG to pay decent compensation to Swansea for Laudrup which in turn makes them better placed to pay compo for their next manager.........

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Which would suggest we're still some way from resolving OUR manager situation.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I just hope they pull their finger out, so we can get rid of Gus with a nice lump of compensation and we can all get on with our lives!

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Which would suggest we're still some way from resolving OUR manager situation.

I don't think it will be resolved until ALL of the other potential vacancies are filled. The ideal scenario for all parties surely has to be Gus getting a job elsewhere at a 'bigger' club who are happy to pay the £2.5m compensation. I'm sure Gus and the Club assumed this might have happened much sooner than now.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i wonder if we will start the season with no actual manager, just tannio and a coaching team looking after team matters with football transfers etc looked after by the director of football guy.

ie what is the point of a manager?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
i wonder if we will start the season with no actual manager, just tannio and a coaching team looking after team matters with football transfers etc looked after by the director of football guy.

ie what is the point of a manager?

On the redundancies thread there was talk of what does middle management do :whistle:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Interesting. Tanno has been reinstated so presumably he will rightly be expected to turn up and do his job until further notice - unless he takes his bat and ball home 'cos his mate is still out in the cold.

Tanno would give useful continuity in the short term should the managerial issue drift into the pre-season. However I really can't see Tanno remaining here if Gus is on his bike, I think they are a double act. Where Gus goes - Tanno will surely follow?

All looks awkward so probably best for a fresh start.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here