Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Up to 18 Albion staff to lose jobs.

Blimey and could soon be 20 :mad:

943615_10152264898530283_1110257203_n (1).jpg

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Very sad for those concerned but £8m operating losses can't be sustained.

Would be interesting to see if the savings from these jobs would actually put much of a dent in the losses.

Haven't read the Argus article but curious that they are not being redeployed to the new training complex which presumably will create a few new jobs, unless the roles are incompatible?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's usually always the little people that suffer, it's amazing to see that despite upwardly spiraling attendances, the extra game in the play offs, and the well attended Cup games we still lost money ?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Have total sympathy with those about yo lose their jobs. Terrible thing to go through.

Very much sounds like the club employed too many people to start with. Sad that its those in the jobs who have no doing been working hard who suffer.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
18 staff to go; anticipated saving =£1m pa = average total cost of £55k/employee = average salary of £40-45k per employee. (pension contributions and Er's NI plus any other benefits need to be deducted to arrive at the salary number)...

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Very sad but I can't say it's a surprise. Having gone from literally a handful of full time employees in the old tower point days to a swarm of people at the Amex always seemed like hire now fire after we test the water.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
About 18 normal BHA staff salaries I shouldn't wonder.

Nowhere near. The job Barber got was advertised, and the ad was posted on here. Can't remember the exact details, but it's on here somewhere if someone can be bothered to search for it. I THINK it was c £200k.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We have been saying for ages that the AMEX is overstaffed. Ken Brown ****ed up big time in the early stages. You used to drive to the AMEX on a non match day and be greeted by 20 stewards. No stadium in the country has that. Barber realised this early on and got rid of a lot of that meet and greet crap on a non match day, he is now obviously dealing with some of the slush that is less visible to us. Just hope he doesn't cull the ticket staff because they are credit to the club with the way they smooth the ticket purchasing process.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We have been saying for ages that the AMEX is overstaffed. Ken Brown ****ed up big time in the early stages. You used to drive to the AMEX on a non match day and be greeted by 20 stewards. No stadium in the country has that. Barber realised this early on and got rid of a lot of that meet and greet crap on a non match day, he is now obviously dealing with some of the slush that is less visible to us. Just hope he doesn't cull the ticket staff because they are credit to the club with the way they smooth the ticket purchasing process.

There must be a few whose primary function was to sell all the season tickets. Now that the expansion is complete, and a load more have been sold, that area probably has a few too many if the job now is just reselling a few cancellations each season.

Nowhere near. The job Barber got was advertised, and the ad was posted on here. Can't remember the exact details, but it's on here somewhere if someone can be bothered to search for it. I THINK it was c £200k.

I was being flippant Hans.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I guess there were lots of roles associated with getting The Amex fully operational over its first couple of seasons and up to final capacity but now these have settled down it may be apparent we are over staffed. But I still feel sorry for those concerned.

I presume a similar start up process is underway with the new training complex. Ok a few existing staff will move across but given the scale of the complex which is on a whole new level to anything we have used until now you would assume it will require a few new roles, at least in the short term. Ok we will save on having to rent facilities at the Uni and other local Clubs but I guess the training complex will inevitably add to our operating costs. Its role is not to generate income so would only add to the current £8m losses. In the longer term a successful training complex should create a stream of home grown talent thereby potentially saving us in transfer fees and maybe generating income from player sales that might subsidise its operating costs but that must be a few years off before it makes a big impact on the bottom line.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
18 staff to go; anticipated saving =£1m pa = average total cost of £55k/employee = average salary of £40-45k per employee. (pension contributions and Er's NI plus any other benefits need to be deducted to arrive at the salary number)...

Now thats where I went wrong ! I should have applied and made hay for a couple of years then accepted a healthy redundancy package to boot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here