Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

e cigs ban

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Inhaling chemicals can never be good for you, I've known people that use these things all of the time which isn't really the idea of them.

scooter1

How soon is now?
The problem with e-cigs is that it now appears to have become ok to smoke these things wherever you are as you're not "actually smoking". A guy in my office walks round with one all day, and they're in pubs, restaurants etc. . I thought the idea of the smoking ban was to alienate smokers into giving up by making them stand in the cold and the rain, e-cigs just passes the problem on(without the aroma), whereas i thought they were designed to be an aid to giving up, not a long-term alternative

The Government has twigged that they are going to start losing 100's of millions in Tax duty if people switch to these things.

So they actually WANT people to smoke.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Government has twigged that they are going to start losing 100's of millions in Tax duty if people switch to these things.

No.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
When does this ban start?

oh, there is no ban

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The problem with e-cigs is that it now appears to have become ok to smoke these things wherever you are as you're not "actually smoking". A guy in my office walks round with one all day, and they're in pubs, restaurants etc. . I thought the idea of the smoking ban was to alienate smokers into giving up by making them stand in the cold and the rain, e-cigs just passes the problem on(without the aroma), whereas i thought they were designed to be an aid to giving up, not a long-term alternative

Huh? The idea of the smoking ban was to stop non smokers having to breathe in toxic smoke and the resulting risk of disease in public places. E cigs allow the smoker to smoke without inhaling all the poison in tobacco and the non smoker to remain safe.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Seems the female steward in west stand lower c section pre-empted this government report which must be the reason she told me that my e.cig was banned during the second half on the 13th, as if things were not bad enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
They have been banned for a while at the Amex because people cant be grown up enough to go 2 hours without having a fag and were using the e-cigs as a cover up for actually smoking.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So people can't smoke real cigarettes as they have been outlawed across the land and now people can't smoke fake cigarettes that harm no one around them but still these people take offense to it, er, ok then.

From this article you get the impression that the government would prefer smokers to continue smoking rather than switching to the e-cigs!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22870301

They're not being banned, just subjected to the same 'controls' as nicotine patches, chewing gums etc. In fact, having done some work on these, any regulation is better than the current situation where there's no evidence of product quality or safety and very little on efficacy, except some anecdotal stuff.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
So people can't smoke real cigarettes as they have been outlawed across the land and now people can't smoke fake cigarettes that harm no one around them but still these people take offense to it, er, ok then.

Real cigarettes were once assumed to be safe. Dont you think thousands of lung cancer sufferers had wished the government had insisted on equal due dilligence.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i see alot of people not reading the article, and those that have reading something that isnt writen. government agency and lobby groups dont want them freely available and are going to licence them as medicines in 3 years time - thats it, thats all there is to the story. that could be mean them being restircted to over 16 only, or could mean over the counter only at phamacists, no detail has really been made (and will certainly change in 3 years anyway).

i see alot of people not reading the article, and those that have reading something that isnt writen. government agency and lobby groups dont want them freely available and are going to licence them as medicines in 3 years time - thats it, thats all there is to the story. that could be mean them being restircted to over 16 only, or could mean over the counter only at phamacists, no detail has really been made (and will certainly change in 3 years anyway).

A bit more than this; there's no evidence of product quality/control (eg what's actually in it, dose, reproducibility etc) and particularly safety - the latter is the bigger issue although it is related to product quality in some respects - ie you really wouldn't want to ingest some of the impurities at all or at the levels found in some of these e-cigs.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
They have been banned for a while at the Amex because people cant be grown up enough to go 2 hours without having a fag and were using the e-cigs as a cover up for actually smoking.

Why shouldnt people be able to smoke a LEGAL product that does others around them no harm whatsoever at a football match? In fact EVERY SINGLE other away ground I smoked mine at allowed it except at The Amex.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Hear hear, stop my co workers chewing on their pens too !!!

You and me know what there up to, closet e-cig smokers, we require more sanctions as long as you and me make them !!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

They don't.

A full economic analysis has been done to work out the cost/benefit to the Treasury of cigarettes, and the cost to the NHS, sickness pay and benefits, lost working hours due to illness still outweigh the tax revenues from fags plus the pensions saved by smokers dying younger than non-smokers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here