Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breed of Dog?

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
The kids have finally worn me down, and i've agreed to get them a dog. We've signed up with the Dogs Trust in Shoreham, but it seems as we have a cat and two kids under 10, our choices are limited.

Any suggestions for a breed that are good with children?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Golden Retreiver but they are not cheap. Well worth it though.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I got a rescue dog from Raystede near Ringmer about a year ago. They often have a good mix of dogs in, worth checking out their website as it lists which ones they have which are suitable for children and other types of pets.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Labradors would be my choice, I've always found smaller dogs to be snappier, especially terriers.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
good on you
young dog so the cat can bully it for a while :bowdown:

Heinz 57 all day long mate, unless you want a particular breed.

I had two, beautiful animals they were, temperament, health, everything. 18 and 17 they lasted till.

I miss them.:down:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The kids have finally worn me down, and i've agreed to get them a dog. We've signed up with the Dogs Trust in Shoreham, but it seems as we have a cat and two kids under 10, our choices are limited.

Any suggestions for a breed that are good with children?

It doesn't help you at all, but my parents owned and built the Dogs Trust place in Shoreham when it was a private boarding kennels. I grew up there.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Staffordshire Bull Terrier, the only breed with the words Totally Reliable in its breed description. They are not called the 'Nanny dog' for nothing.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Heinz 57 all day long mate, unless you want a particular breed.

I had two, beautiful animals they were, temperament, health, everything. 18 and 17 they lasted till.

I miss them.:down:

My criteria is, Short haired, not smelly and seeing i'll be out walking it as the kids will lose interest in the ****er in a years time, nothing too effeminate! I'm too pretty.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My criteria is, Short haired, not smelly and seeing i'll be out walking it as the kids will lose interest in the ****er in a years time, nothing too effeminate! I'm too pretty.

Bulldog.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

That's a Whippet, clean themselves like a cat.

Given the cats already there if it's a puppy should grow to like the cat, if its an older dog might have issues with cat.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
King Charles Cavaliers are probably the best dog i've seen with kids. Lovely little dogs with a wonderful temperament.

Some grooming required though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here