Keys and Gray back on TV

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
and I though life could not get any more boring

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Hmmm they make a stupid remark about a woman lino off air ( but on ) and are hung drawn and quartered and sent to the planet zog ,and yet Joe brand,loose women and numerous others and their ilk can make vile hatred induced suggestions about men and in front of the camera and thats socially acceptable......dont you just love equality

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hmmm they make a stupid remark about a woman lino off air ( but on ) and are hung drawn and quartered and sent to the planet zog ,and yet Joe brand,loose women and numerous others and their ilk can make vile hatred induced suggestions about men and in front of the camera and thats socially acceptable......dont you just love equality

:thumbsup:

Absolutely right. Admittedly, the tone of Richard Keys' "oh here we go again, a female linesman" is VASTLY different to Jo Brand slagging off her (presumably) imaginary husband, the content is the same. Worse, in most cases. But it's not considered a problem. I felt sorry for Keys and Gray - old fashioned blokes maybe, but damn good football presenters and Sky is weaker for them. Even with Gary Neville.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's always been the same, it's the same with racism, a black comedian can say what he wants, it's the same for all comedians who arnt white, they can be as racist as they want and everybody laughs

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
:thumbsup:

Absolutely right. Admittedly, the tone of Richard Keys' "oh here we go again, a female linesman" is VASTLY different to Jo Brand slagging off her (presumably) imaginary husband, the content is the same. Worse, in most cases. But it's not considered a problem. I felt sorry for Keys and Gray - old fashioned blokes maybe, but damn good football presenters and Sky is weaker for them. Even with Gary Neville.

Totally agree, I think they are good presenters and I enjoyed their TS show.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
OMG I have just googled richard keys and the video's on you tube and terrible don't care how good a presenter he is (debatable ) the man in a serial predator

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Totally agree, I think they are good presenters and I enjoyed their TS show.

Skys loss is certainly TS's gain, love their show and no-one can get close to them in the number of big name guests they get on their show. If you've not been on Keys and Gray you're not really worth bothering about.

Their presentation style on Sky was slick yet informal with plenty of 'banter' between them which is now sadly missing from the current team.

I also miss 'The Last Word' with Andy Gray on a Monday night, where after fans the length and breadth of the country had been debating the key talking points of the weekends PL games Gray would tell us what the correct answers were. The amount of times I could turn up to work with a smug grin on my face knowing I had called the big decisions correctly was immense.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hated Andy Gray and always thought Keys was a bit of a prick. I think Gray thought he was irreplaceable, but he wasn't. Gary Neville is on a different plane to Gray in terms of analysis.

Personally, I still miss Big Ron - in Ronglish he invented a whole new language for the football co-commentator, and only his classic "Early Doors" still survives. So many other quotes have disappeared, including "Spotter's Badge", "Full Gun", "Crowd Scene", "Tell You What, Clive", "Wide Awake Club", "Going Down In Instalments" and "The Curly Finger". Racism is inexcusable, but it doesn't alter the fact that Ron was a colossus and Andy Townsend by comparison is a dwarf.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Does this mean they are no longer on TS? Have to turn the radio off every time they come on!

I believe they plan to be back on Talk Sport at the end of the summer, I might be wrong. I too wont miss them, they did get big name guests but theye then would always fail to ask any challenging questions.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"So, Jose, first game back for Chelsea against Norwich, here at Carrow Road. My question: Delia Smith - did you smash it?"

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Wasn't their dismissal from Sky a bit of a set up ? Wasn't Gray suing NOTW for phone hacking at the time?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Keys is bearable but Andy Gray is shit, real dinosaur when talking about the game.

They'll be leaving TS as they will have to relocate to Doha, though think they are doing a show that will go out on Fridays in the future, a Premiership preview show or something of that ilk.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here