Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dijk Ditched.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Van Dijk’s agent Henk-Maarten Chin told The Argus: “It’s probably not going to happen any more. There is nothing at the moment from Brighton for Virgil, no movement.”

Sort this feckin mess out, Brighton.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I think the Argus should employ me as a headline writer, they have no imagination.

Without wanting to rain on your parade, web headlines generally need to be quite matter of fact for the benefit of webtraffic

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
"Another priority for Poyet’s successor will be left-back"

oh really Andy?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Realistically though, given how many big teams are looking at him he was unlikely to end up here even if we were still chasing him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Disappointing news.
I suppose so. But even in January he was clearly holding out until the end of the season to weigh up his options. He'll probably end up at a decent Dutch club or a small but wealthy Premier league club. I bet f**king Palace get him. :down:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Poyet's successor part clearly is a hint at how things will end up.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
The Poyet's successor part clearly is a hint at how things will end up.

Either that or The Argus have cocked up. Again.

Or they're just posting something controversial to sell papers.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Would be a pity to miss out on VvD but I guess if he doesn't fit our budget and isn't on a new manager's radar then we move on.

Who knows this time next week we might be watching our new manager unveiling his first signings. Even if Gus stays you would hope he will start filling one or two key places in the team fairly soon, ready for the pre-season. 6 weeks until the new season kicks off.

I am really hoping that all the uncertainty of the last few weeks will be swept away and we will be eagerly anticipating the new season. Bring it on.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We had to go up, to get him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sounds to me as if his agent was drumming up interest for VVD earlier in the season but the dutch auction has gone off track as we didn't get promoted.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
The argus know nothing! Certainly andy naylor! Either a typo or something! Surprised its not considered speculation and somebody's getting the sack? Is or what I just said speculation? Ahhhhhh

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
To be fair all it actually says is that there's been no further contact from the Albion. And given our current situation it's hardly surprising. I've not heard him linked with anyone else despite their agent talking him up so there's nothing to suggest he isn't still on the radar pending whatever happens with our managerial situation.

There is no point trying to woo players without a proper manager in place. We're not Real Madrid trading on our size and reputation in the game. Players need to meet with a manager who can sell them a vision, in conjunction with the chairman. With no certainty over the manager it will be very hard to convince good players to get involved

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He was never going to come here once bigger sides both in Holland and here in England showed an interest.

To be honest, I had taken this news for granted long ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here