Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argentina Ban Away Fans.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Typical over the top action by a dictator.

so whats your solution to the constant and persistant violence and deaths that are occuring there?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Hey, this is just a lure to get people arguing. Hit me harder.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
So what are the authorities meant to do then? As the report states more than 70 deaths since 2000. Heavy policing has tried & failed, so banning away supporters seems a good idea for a while. Has my support.

The timing and reasons given seem a bit odd though - a football fan is shot by the police. The police are investigating as 3 police officers have been arrested. The solution? Ban away fans...

Obviously my understanding of Argentina and its football culture is rather limited, and something needs to be done to reduce the violence, but you need to look at how people are being killed, where and why. On this occasion it was police action - I don't know about the others - and not 'football violence' that caused the death. I understand the "no fans = no fighting = no police shooting people" train of thought, but entirely disagree with the 'logic' that creates it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So what are the authorities meant to do then? As the report states more than 70 deaths since 2000. Heavy policing has tried & failed, so banning away supporters seems a good idea for a while. Has my support.

Fascist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here