Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season starts with an Away Fixture again....

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Due to the Pride festival in Brighton during the weekend of 3rd August.

As Andy Naylor has confirmed that we have requested to start the season with an away fixture, does anyone know if there will be a fixture the following mid-week (Tues,Weds) like the Cardiff fixture ?
Or will this be one of the mid-week fixtures that will be lost?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The 2nd game will be the following Saturday at home I think, why the season started a week earlier as then it removes a midweek game.

Midweek will be the COC - hopefully we can use the acronym a bit more this season.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Pride takes place on a Saturday. Why couldn't we play a home game on the Sunday?

In answer to the above question: There will be League Cup fixture in the first week. However, that could also be away of course.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Due to the Pride festival in Brighton during the weekend of 3rd August.

As Andy Naylor has confirmed that we have requested to start the season with an away fixture, does anyone know if there will be a fixture the following mid-week (Tues,Weds) like the Cardiff fixture ?
Or will this be one of the mid-week fixtures that will be lost?

The tuesday night after the opening saturday is a cup night isn't it? So our first home league match will be on the 10th.

Jimmy Grimble

Good, an away game is always the best way to start off the season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I see the Carling Cup First Round is that week but I was not sure if we were in it at that stage?

It's now called The Capital One Cup, and we are in the 1st round, seeded vs a lower league southern team ( like Portsmouth ). Maybe home or away.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton lives on tourism and the pink pound, and pride is one of the biggest days in the tourism calander. they got out of the way for the one time it mattered, so lets just let it be.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Does take the piss a little bit though :( Couldn't Pride and the Albion alternate every year for that weekend or something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here