Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second Teams.

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
Where does everyone stand on second teams.
Do you have one yourself and why?
Or do you think you should have only one team and why?

I personally support AS Monaco on the side of Brighton

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
As stated in my post, I can't understand why anyone would support two teams! It
just doesn't make sense! Ok supporting Monaco and Brighton like the OP I guess is kind of acceptable as the likelihood of them ever playing each other is rare, but what would you do if they played against each other in a competitive match? It feels like two timing or cheating to me!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
No second team. I used to go and watch Pompey when I was at uni there but that was just to take in some footie rather than actually follow them as such.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Don't have a second team.

A dog can't serve two masters........so said scaramanga in Man with the Golden Gun

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I follow the fortunes of Newport County, and have enjoyed seeing them climb the leagues over the past few years.

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
As stated in my post, I can't understand why anyone would support two teams! It
just doesn't make sense! Ok supporting Monaco and Brighton like the OP I guess is kind of acceptable as the likelihood of them ever playing each other is rare, but what would you do if they played against each other in a competitive match? It feels like two timing or cheating to me!

I'd support Brighton as they're my first team in the fact I watch them week in week out.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I have a few. Anyone who's playing Man United and whoever St Pauli's rivals are (Hamburg?). Can't remember but I dislike politics in football and the St Pauli love-in annoys me.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Having a second team is wrong. My 10-year-old son asked me what Premier League team I supported and I said I didn't. Then he asked who I would support in the Prem if I HAD to. I said I wouldn't. Then he asked that if I had to support a Prem team or die then who wound it be. I said I wouldn't support a Prem team until Brighton get there. "What, you'd rather DIE?" he asked. After two seasons watching the Albion he's obviously not banking on us getting there soon!

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
I have followed Juventus for over a decade now, i buy the jerseys and watch most of their games etc so they are my second team, although i have supported them a year longer than Brighton and due to only seeing a handful of games at the Withdean and struggling to keep track of the squad, manager etc i found Juventus far easier to follow.

I used to be far more passionate about Juventus as i could watch them more as they were on tv alot, but now i enjoy both as its easy to get a ticket at the Amex and both have matches in abundance online and tv. I think its perfectly fine to have two teams, i always thought it never mattered in my case because the national seperation meant they will never meet each other, unless Brighton do exceptionally well.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Farsley AFC (Formerly Farsley Celtic) for me. I can see their ground from my bedroom window, and they are a fantastic community-run club that I can take my kids to for less than a tenner for all of us. Ideal on the days when Albion don't have a game, or have one that I can't get to.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Sometimes I really like other teams because of the way they play - but it doesn't mean I support the club or country.

e.g. Aberdeen under Alex Ferguson; Ipswich under Robson, Lyall and Burley; Dundee United under McLean; Northern Ireland under Bingham, Brazil in 1982. Is this acceptable?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here