Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black Sabbath 13

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
What a great album, harking back to the real Sabbath of the 70's. Any one else agree? Wasn't sure what to expect, but after one play I liked it, after two plays I love it.

Lewesian Seagull

Jul 13, 2003
Lewes
Love it. I thought the days of 'classic' Sabbath albums were well gone, but this I'm sure will come to be recognised as being up there with their best. I was thinking the other day, you don't get many rock albums these days with proper riffs, but Iommi certainly still knows how it should be done. Excellent work.

Last edited:

Have yet to hear it but a friend was raving to me today about how good it is and he isn't even a big Sabbath fan. Have just found it on Spotify so that is some of my working from home soundtrack sorted for tomorrow.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Brought it today .A mate at work said needs a couple of listens ,Bollocks,. This is total Sabbath.An amazingly good album, especially when you consider the gap between the last Ozzy Sabs album , their combined age and Tony Iommi is still sick. I loved The Devil You know and considered that to be the last new Sabbath material we would ever hear. That was a good Heaven and Hell album and this is a great Sabbath album.
Off to Download this weekend .This will get a good airing on the drive up on Thursday.

Brought it today .A mate at work said needs a couple of listens ,Bollocks,. This is total Sabbath.An amazingly good album, especially when you consider the gap between the last Ozzy Sabs album , their combined age and Tony Iommi is still sick. I loved The Devil You know and considered that to be the last new Sabbath material we would ever hear. That was a good Heaven and Hell album and this is a great Sabbath album.
Off to Download this weekend .This will get a good airing on the drive up on Thursday.

After listening to it I can only agree. A pure '70's (in a good way) slab of heavy metal/rock with some wonderful '70's style song titles and lyrics - "Methademic", "Pariah", "Zeitgeist" f'rinstance (these are not new players by the way).

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
First listen last night. Need a few glasses of wine and a proper listen though. I've had the 'god is dead' track now for a few weeks and it is strewn with great metal riffs.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Very impressed. A proper Sabbath album of great quality. It would have been easy for re-formed band to trot out some tired nonsense but this is not. And I've not listened to it properly yet, only sober, in the morning, quietly on an iPod dock. Off to the shops for the CD version I think.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Well I have given it a really good listen, and it is for me, the best album I have bought in the last couple of years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here