Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R.I.P Sir Henry Cecil

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He stayed at lot longer than most of his horses....... should be be drug tested ?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
One of the all time greats & he did it twice over. Saw the first three of his Derby winners at Epsom starting with Slip Anchor running away with it, as well as the brilliant Oh So Sharp.
To have his greatest ever horse, Frankel, run unbeaten through his last two seasons as a trainer is extraordinary...he can die a happy man.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
RIP Sir Henry one of the greatest 75 royal ascot winners and trained Frankel to remain unbeaten will be truly missed

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
R.I.P Sir Henry, the greatest trainer ever, I had the honour of meeting him at Warren place in 1995, I was helping at a charity day there and after it had finished he showed me around the stables, a true Gent.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If ever I couldn't decide on a horse I'd pick one of Henry's. He did me proud. RIP.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A terrific bloke who'll be sadly missed by many many people.

RIP Sir Henry.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Sad to see the great man depart this mortal coil. Frankel was his pinnacle of achievement. A great trainer and a true gentleman.

Horse Racing needs some home grown good news story and let us hope the memories of Sir Henry Cecil will be the beginning.

TNBA

TTF

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Very sad that Sir Henry Cecil has lost his battle with cancer. He was still going to meetings and doing interviews even when he looked very ill. A very nice man who was always pleasant to people. That warm smile lit up the big occasions like Royal Ascot - hopefully there'll be some sort of tribute next week for him. Will be very sorely missed.

RIP Sir Henry Cecil. One of racing's best ever trainers. :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here