Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfers in and out...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
We are getting near to crazy season so what are your thoughts on who is coming in and who is going out?

Before you start speaking about the stuff we cant really talk about lets pretend you are the gaffer

Here are my suggestions

Matt Upson
Ian Harte
Gary ONeill
Dj Campbell

Realistic and all on free transfers!

Out
Ryan Harley

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
We are getting near to crazy season so what are your thoughts on who is coming in and who is going out?

Before you start speaking about the stuff we cant really talk about lets pretend you are the gaffer

Here are my suggestions

Matt Upson
Ian Harte
Gary ONeill
Dj Campbell

Out
Ryan Harley

To be honest, I'd be happy with all of those. Wouldn't like to rely on Harte at LB, though.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
He's pretty reliable though unless we decide to get a younger player in from a lower league or the classic loanee from the prem!

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing

Here are my suggestions

Matt Upson
Ian Harte
Gary ONeill
Dj Campbell

Out
Ryan Harley
dj campbell is rubbish

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
he is another option in the mix might feed well off Ulloa

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Jermaine Beckford
Matt Upson
Simeon Jackson
Gary ONeil

Joe Mattock
Dean Hammond

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I think they'll have found some Spanish or South American LeftBack. We've known it's a massive need for at least a year probably 18 months+ and just like they identified Ulloa I hope they did same with a sliding scale of LBs.

I'd play JFC so covered in midfield IF Spanish Dave resigned....... if former wasn't good enough or later didn't sign I'd look for a big both ways CM, with a CB the remainder of the budget. IF El-Abd goes you'd have to think about upping that further as Dunk would be your starter alongside Greer, with nobody much behind them. Rohan Ince maybe?

In short I'd sign flair club scouted LB, a CB (Upson) and then blow the rest of the budget on best single player I could find regardless of position. If couldn't get Upson it would be star CB.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I would like to see Jedinak doubtful now tough although I believe he was or is a target for us.
Ricky Lambert, Matt Upson, Van Dyck, Carlton Cole,

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I hope we can unearth similar quality of free transfers or loanees as last season. This will be key to us being contenders.

Yes to Upson.

No to Harte or Campbell.

I still haven't forgiven Harte for his performance at The Amex for Reading, ok he scored a deflected free kick but was so easily skinned by us for pace . He shouldn't have been on the pitch having blatantly elbowed one of ours after about 5 mins and the Ref let him get away with all sorts of stuff after that. 2 years older and slower he would be a liability. Nowhere near as cultured as Bridge.

Campbell was dire against us in his farewell game for Ipswich and got subbed, didn't look too bothered. We don't need someone with his attitude.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Harley and Crofts are transfer listed. I suspect Dunk may go on a half-season loan deal (probably Peterborough as they wanted him on a similar deal in January). Ideally Barker, March and Agdestein can get short-term loan moves at L2 clubs.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I hope we can unearth similar quality of free transfers or loanees as last season. This will be key to us being contenders.

Yes to Upson.

No to Harte or Campbell.

I still haven't forgiven Harte for his performance at The Amex for Reading, ok he scored a deflected free kick but was so easily skinned by us for pace . He shouldn't have been on the pitch having blatantly elbowed one of ours after about 5 mins and the Ref let him get away with all sorts of stuff after that. 2 years older and slower he would be a liability. Nowhere near as cultured as Bridge.

Campbell was dire against us in his farewell game for Ipswich and got subbed, didn't look too bothered. We don't need someone with his attitude.

Ok let get rid of the Campbell idea, he's a no now. Ive decided to go for Noel Hunt instead

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Harley and Crofts are transfer listed. I suspect Dunk may go on a half-season loan deal (probably Peterborough as they wanted him on a similar deal in January). Ideally Barker, March and Agdestein can get short-term loan moves at L2 clubs.

I didn't know Crofts was listed, still he had minimal impact last season

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would much sooner sign Nicky Shorey than Ian Harte to play at left back but would agree with letting Harley and Crofts go as they have both been a disappointment. I would also like to resign EL Abd, David Lopez, Dean Hammond and Matt Upson.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Jernade Meade for left back? Young, pacey and i think has just been released by Arsenal. Played a couple of times in the first team this season, including in the Champions league group stages I think.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Harley and Crofts are transfer listed.

Are they?

I hope we might see Upson, Hammond and David sign plus a Spanish left back and hopefully Van Dijke.
Also hope we are in the market for a playmaker to replace Vicente.

This really needs to be JFC's breakthrough season with Solly March getting some bench time and either Barker or Agdestein may get a chance early season to challenge Barnes for a place before Hosky and CMS come back.. Is it Courtney Richards who is being groomed as the new Bridcutt? I hope he doesnt get to olay tio often but I can see him getting bench time if we continue with our current playing style

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here