Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At which our four home grounds.....?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
1. Withdean - Beating wolves 4-1, my first game after an 18 month exile
2. Goldstone - Bristol rovers 2-1 to seal my first promotion/fans united
3. Amex - Donny I guess
4. Priestfield - Made it to about 75% of the home games but missed the 4-4. Walking out at half time when we lost 3-1 to Scunthorpe.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Seen most games at Goldstone

Goldstone - Brighton 7 - 0 Walsall (0-0 half time)
Priestfield - went several times both seasons but really can't remember a game - CAN remember that awful dull feeling of setting off in the car with the mind numbing journey ahead.
Withdean - Beating Chesterfield to win title - Cullips header
Amex - the recent play off defeat to Palace will take some time to erase - On a good note - Doncaster, Southampton, Pompey & Palace wins. Pick of the bunch Southampton (very unexpected).

Was just thinking the same about Priestfield :)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Most games at Withdean, most memorable are the 6-0 vs Mansfield, 3-4 vs Rochdale that SOAKED friday night, 2-3 vs Chester and the mass walkout, 1-0 vs Chesterfield, 1-2 vs Swindon, 0-1 vs Torquay (Neville Southall wondershow), 4-0 vs Blackpool (Kuipers save), 1-5 vs Stoke!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Was just thinking the same about Priestfield :)

I can only remember defeats. Losing 4-0 at home to darlo is hard to shake off.

I did manage to bring back one happy memory though, smoking a fat one on that crappy terrace singing bee and wasp related chants to the Mansfield(?) keeper who was wearing an orange and black hooped kit. "What a waste of honey". Was the keeper Lee Harrison? He joined in, making some wing movements. I also seem to remember the "woooooah" in "your shit ahhhh" was replaced with buzzing. Great terrace banter that day.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011

I did manage to bring back one happy memory though, smoking a fat one on that crappy terrace singing bee and wasp related chants to the Mansfield(?) keeper who was wearing an orange and black hooped kit. "What a waste of honey". Was the keeper Lee Harrison? He joined in, making some wing movements. I also seem to remember the "woooooah" in "your shit ahhhh" was replaced with buzzing. Great terrace banter that day.

I just recall the days always feeling dark and dingy, grey skies and loads of traffic out.(why on earth did I do it to myself!?!) But yes, the fans often had to entertain themselves as the football certainly didnt.

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
most games at the goldstone,favourite match was norwich in the f.a cup quarter final
priestfield only went about six times and every game a defeat
withdean best game was chesterfield
amex best game the st patricks day massacre.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Most Games: Goldstone as I was A ball boy their quite regularly...

Aside from the Doncaster game, one of the most memorable moments was A pitch invasion when I was A ball boy.

I just googled it think it was the Lincoln one? Sure it was A night game, so dont think it was the York match. Full grown geezers jumping over my head screaming, I nearly shit myself haha I think people had heads of Bill Archer or Bellotti with arrows going through them and chanting about burning their house down etc all My memory isn't too clear, I was only about 10yrs old, I just remember hearing screams and tense atmosphere and people vying for Bellotti's or Archers blood.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Probably the 7-0 battering we gave Charlton Athletic one very sunny Saturday afternoon after me and my mate were chased round the train station by about 30 rabid Charlton knuckle daggers we upset I think I was about 14/15 ha ha ha ha !!!
If I remember we had won it by half time 5 -0 up and Charlton were unbeaten when we played them.
Made it even better !!!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Most games Goldstone.
Best at Goldstone - probably the last game
Priestfield - no good ones I can remember
Withdean - all promotions, Man City, Swindon
Amex - palace 3-0

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Most : Goldstone Ground (RIP).
Most memorable at each: I'll go slightly different to vary this up

Goldstone - Brighton 2 Liverpool 0, FA Cup, 1984. Just an amazing day.
Priestfield - Brighton 1 Millwall 5, some noddy cup. Memorable for all the wrong reasons, it was just a dreadful low all round, a night when I truly despaired for what had happened to this club.
Withdean - Sticking 8 past Northwich Victoria! My mate, Chris, has spent years cursing that he missed it when we stuck 7 past Charlton at the Goldstone. Years and years of "I've never seen 7", and he really grated with him. Then we stick 8 past Northwich, and once again Chris missed it. Unbelievable Jeff!
Amex - Donny. Can't take an alternative view to this one. The Donny game just had EVERYTHING!!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
A memorable game a priestfield for me was that game on boxing day, coming from 3-0 down at half time back to 3-3, them going behind again before we got a really soft penalty in the last few minutes to make it 4-4.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

"You only sting when you're winning".

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Goldstone (first game being Jimmy Cases Testimonial)

Never went to Priestfield (worked every Saturday)

Withdean

AMEX

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Of course, the Goldstone Ground was not the first home of the Albion...

Anyone used to go to the home matches at the County Ground? Great days.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Goldstone most games. Just. The win to seal promotion against one of the Brizzles was corking. Bremner leaping like a salmon and just hanging there till the ball hit his noggin....
Priestfield. Cant remember. One of Hortons last games. I beleive Paul Armstrong was strutting his stuff that day. Woeful. Only went once.
Withers - probably the drubbing of Northwich Victoria in the cup. My sons first game.
Amex. Burnley for atmosphere. Leeds 3-3 for drama. Palace 0-2 for I dont beleive that just happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here