Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At which our four home grounds.....?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Have you seen The Albion play the most times, and which were your most memorable game at each?

For me:

Goldstone most games.

last home game there(Doncaster) closely followed by when we beat Sheffield Wednesday to seal Promotion.

Priestfield. Our last game there.

Withdean. Chesterfield, followed by Swindon, and when we beat Cardiff 1-0

The Amex. Donny.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have you seen The Albion play the most times, and which were your most memorable game at each?

For me:

Goldstone most games.

last home game there(Doncaster) closely followed by when we beat Sheffield Wednesday to seal Promotion.

Priestfield. Our last game there.

Withdean. Chesterfield, followed by Swindon, and when we beat Cardiff 1-0

The Amex. Donny.

Blimey, you must be old. Did you get a telegram from the Queen a few years ago?

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Goldstone - last game vs Doncaster

Priestfield - I try to forget those games...

Withdean - Swindon in the playoffs. VIRGOOO!! *MOST GAMES*

Amex - 1st game vs Doncaster

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Goldstone- Last game v Donny....although I really enjoyed the 7-0 v Charlton.
Gillingham- One of the last games of the season when I think we had 6k plus!
Withdean-Not sure there were a few although "The homecoming" and Dazza's hatrick was special.
Amex- Donny, followed closely the wins over Pompey and Palace

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Been to all grounds,

Goldstone 4-4 with orient
Gillingham - only went half a dozen times and can't actually remember if we won any of them! No memorable games.
Withdean saw most games there. Most memorable was chesterfield game or Dagenham game where we won the league
Amex- most memorable Doncaster 1st game

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Seen most games at Goldstone

Goldstone - Brighton 7 - 0 Walsall (0-0 half time)
Priestfield - went several times both seasons but really can't remember a game - CAN remember that awful dull feeling of setting off in the car with the mind numbing journey ahead.
Withdean - Beating Chesterfield to win title - Cullips header
Amex - the recent play off defeat to Palace will take some time to erase - On a good note - Doncaster, Southampton, Pompey & Palace wins. Pick of the bunch Southampton (very unexpected).

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Most: Goldstone. Most memorable (for all the wrong reasons) last game of 77/78 season waiting to hear the result from Dingly Dell. Don't think I'll ever forget that feeling :down:

Went to most games at Gillingham, and genuinely can't remember anything about any of them :eek:

Only missed a handfull at Withdean, most memorable has to be the Swindon play off game (with a mention in despatches to the Halifax game just because of BZ's wondergoal)

Missed only 3 at The Amex so far, most memorable obviously Donny first match

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Most Goldstone

Goldstone, either the 2-1 win over Spurs with our goals coming in last few mins, or the 3-3 with Liverpool.
Gillingham, boxing day against Colchester ,can't remember score, but think there was a hat trick and we scored 4, Maskall i think?
Withdean, beating Reading on way to title
Amex, 3-0 against Southampton and palace

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Most games at the Goldstone.....most memorable game possibly the 2-1 win against Bristol Rovers in 1988.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Goldstone since mid 70s till last game V Donny !! Not every single match but def the most do far

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Most memorable

Goldstone - losing to Sudbury Town in the FA Cup 1st round on penalties, getting smacked in the face by Cardiff's Soul Crew (w*nk*rs) after beating them 2-0, after losing to Darlington 3-2; kicking a turnstile door down - everyone seemed off their heads that night! Everyone's patience finally snapped.

Priestfield - losing to Millwall 5-1 in the Auto Windscreens Shield and singing "you'll only win the windscreens and you'll smash it anyway!"

Withdean - Winning League Two on a terrible pitch in 2000/01, beating Blackpool 4-0 on a very hot bank holiday Monday - great football, surviving on the final day with a 1-1 draw with Ipswich, the second League One title season.

Amex - first game and atmosphere against Peterborough (3-1 win), friendly rapport with the Wrexham fans, a lot of last season.

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Most.... the Goldstone.
Gillingham...every match.
Withdean ...all home games bar one....Oldham 3-0
Amex every match involing the first team....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Goldstone Sheffield and the 2-1 win over Sunderland stick in the mind
Priestfield the few I went to were totally naff
Withers I got to a few and the Zamora years were great
yet to go to the Amex but the Donny match in the first season even though I was not there looked just great

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Most games the Goldstone, game league cup run bt Portsmouth Birmingham and lost 3-2 to Wolverhampton
Gillingham the last game!
Withdean beating Man city my nephew was a ball boy and he would not give the ball back until the keeper stopped swearing at him.
Falmer must be the game we beat Palace and then watch them getting wet outside.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Very impressive... but this can't be true, look at your NSC sign up date!
Please tell me why the sign up date of NSC has anything to do with when you first started supporting Albion...1958 in my case...most fans surely went to a match before signing up to NSC....I was on Rivals net for a long time....with Fosters Headband amongst others...till being 'cleansed' by joining NSC.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Good thead.

Goldstone:- Bryan Wade 4-2 Newcastle, Millawall 4-1, Orient 4-4
Withdean:- Man City on pens
Amex:- Donny
Priestfield:- went to about 10, can't remember any of them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here