Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Oatway testimonial match cancelled

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Disgusting regardless of the current goings on. Bloom and Barber should be ashamed of themselves !!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why cancel it now? Is more news about to break?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why cancel it now? Is more news about to break?

I imagine because many things need to be formally arranged and there may be concern doing that for an employee who is currently suspended.

Can we just leave the speculation on this one there please.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Disgusting regardless of the current goings on. Bloom and Barber should be ashamed of themselves !!!!!

Why is it disgusting?

IF Charlie Oatway has done something serious enough that COULD result in him being fired by the club then he doesn't deserve a testimonial does he? We'll just have to wait before passing judgement on Tony Bloom and Barber.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

Why? There is no point organizing a testimonial match for an ex player who is being investigated for breach of contract. If they find he hasn't breached contract and they lift his ban then I'm sure he'll get his game.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's not going to get re arranged if it's been cancelled. The fact it's been cancelled tell's it's own story. That's like losing a winning lottery ticket, well 5 and the bonus maybe.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
OK - I'll expand - I would trust Charlie ( who has given blood and guts on the football field ) far more than ANY owner / manager of BHA. It's a drip drip effect of bad news at the moment and yet the Bloom and Barber worshipers don't see anything wrong. There is something rotten at OUR club currently and my worry is it might take us back to the Archer days !

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The club is going to announce its pre season schedule this week. I imagine it got to a point where they had to make a decision on this and, with Oatway still suspended, the club was probably only really left with one choice.

Also, a club like Liverpool (or if not, one if a similar stature) is in demand so would need a concrete answer, one would suppose.

I don't think this decision indicates any likely outcome one way or another so best to spare Bozza and NSC bother by speculating what this could mean.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
OK - I'll expand - I would trust Charlie ( who has given blood and guts on the football field ) far more than ANY owner / manager of BHA. It's a drip drip effect of bad news at the moment and yet the Bloom and Barber worshipers don't see anything wrong. There is something rotten at OUR club currently and my worry is it might take us back to the Archer days !

But they can't really have a testimonial for a suspended employee can they? He's currently not allowed any contact with the players for starters!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Westdene,take a couple of paracetamols and go and lie down for a bit.
Hopefully a more rational Westdene may emerge after a short rest.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I don't get what is going on anymore.

Wind the clock back a month or so and everyone would have said what a loyal servant Charlie had been, best guy ever, now this and people are ready to lynch him. Doesn't that seem a little odd to anybody else?

And also isn't cancelling his well earned testimonial pre judging the outcome of the suspension?

This all just seems very wrong to me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here