Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL/NCAA 2013 Season

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
With the Sooners losing many starters(starting QB Landry Jones, two leading WR's, Sussex's own MLB Tom Wort, no.4 draft pick Lane Johnson and leading tackler Tony Jefferson plus a few more to the NFL and the New York Jet circus still in operation it doesn't bode well for me next season, but I for one cannot wait.

I'm sure a lot of others on here have plenty to look forward to though..

Boomer Sooner!

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
With the Sooners losing many starters(starting QB Landry Jones, two leading WR's, Sussex's own MLB Tom Wort, no.4 draft pick Lane Johnson and leading tackler Tony Jefferson plus a few more to the NFL and the New York Jet circus still in operation it doesn't bode well for me next season, but I for one cannot wait.

I'm sure a lot of others on here have plenty to look forward to though..

Boomer Sooner!

very much looking forward to it - as with most american sports i can never really sit down and support one team, i just lean towards a few:
hoping marcus mariota can continue his steady rise to stardom at the helm of Oregon - whether or not they can continue to challenge without chip kelly is another matter
hoping texas get back to their previous best - but i doubt it
hope to see more excitement from boise st.

now ive got the teams i usually follow out the way, im also looking forward to:

johnny football running around like a loon for 10 seconds before throwing an awe-inspiring touchdown pass

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
very much looking forward to it - as with most american sports i can never really sit down and support one team, i just lean towards a few:
hoping marcus mariota can continue his steady rise to stardom at the helm of Oregon - whether or not they can continue to challenge without chip kelly is another matter
hoping texas get back to their previous best - but i doubt it
hope to see more excitement from boise st.

now ive got the teams i usually follow out the way, im also looking forward to:

johnny football running around like a loon for 10 seconds before throwing an awe-inspiring touchdown pass

They were terrible last year, not sure they'll be able to recreate the Kellen Moore years and become the BCS busters again.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
ESPN's pre-season top 25. http://espn.go.com/college-football...ate-buckeyes-take-top-spot-latest-2013-top-25

(1) Ohio State
(2) Alabama
(3) Oregon
(4) Louisville
(5) Stanford
(6) Texas A&M
(7) Georgia
(8) South Carolina
(9) Michigan
(10) Notre Dame
(11) Florida
(12) Clemson
(13) Texas
(14) Florida State
(15) Oklahoma State
(16) LSU
(17) Oklahoma
(18) TCU
(19) UCLA
(20) Kansas State
(21) Boise State
(22) Nebraska
(23) USC
(24) Northwestern
(25) Wisconsin

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
they went 11-2 and won their bowl game.. the bad note was losing to san diego state, cant fault them for losing to michigan state though

Hardly impressive considering the schedule, Washington aren't exactly a powerhouse either.

My point was that the days of beating VTech and Georgia in big season openers are over.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Looking at Boise State's schedule this year it's even more pathetic, 2nd game against the mighty UT Martin Skyhawks of the Ohio Valley Conference. :facepalm:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Really looking forward to it. Totally intrigued to see what Helfrich's Ducks do this year and even though they suck it will be good to see Tennessee head out to Eugene early on, it's better game than Oregon normally get at the start of the season.

Can the SEC stranglehold finally be broken? Maybe, will Bama finally slip, can Johnny Football handle the hype, will Urban Meyer bring back the glory days to Ohio State. A lot of interesting story lines developing throughout each conference this year it's going to be a good one.

Only downer will be the loss of espn america, so it's college pass for me now.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Really looking forward to it. Totally intrigued to see what Helfrich's Ducks do this year and even though they suck it will be good to see Tennessee head out to Eugene early on, it's better game than Oregon normally get at the start of the season.

Can the SEC stranglehold finally be broken? Maybe, will Bama finally slip, can Johnny Football handle the hype, will Urban Meyer bring back the glory days to Ohio State. A lot of interesting story lines developing throughout each conference this year it's going to be a good one.

Only downer will be the loss of espn america, so it's college pass for me now.

will espn not be showing the games? (with bt sport, espn america is becoming espn, and only showing american sports) or have they lost the rights? i have been downloading the games the day after - how would i go about getting college pass?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
will espn not be showing the games? (with bt sport, espn america is becoming espn, and only showing american sports) or have they lost the rights? i have been downloading the games the day after - how would i go about getting college pass?

I believe BT will be showing some games, whether it's 3 games on a Saturday as before though I do not know.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Espn is moving to BT Sport and currently virgin media do not have a deal to carry (although I stand to be corrected on that). Espn College pass is £99.99 for the whole year which gives you access to ALL the games they cover across their channels and not just the ones selected for Espn America, so it's not too bad. if you like college hoops then you get to watch pretty much any game you like as they are nearly all on there.

The player is not as good as the NFL Gamepass one which for me works perfectly. Still I'm looking forward to checking a wider selection of teams this year. I think the Ducks have four or five games on Espn so i'll see those (can't get pac 12 network in the Uk as I can tell). I think as the BCS era draws to an end I think this will be a more open season and i'm looking forward to it.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Just bought tickets to the Arizona state vs Arizona wild cats game when I will be over there. My first taste of college football live.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just bought tickets to the Arizona state vs Arizona wild cats game when I will be over there. My first taste of college football live.

I'm pretty envious, it should be an amazing atmosphere.

Also on the NFL front, Tebow to the Pats? WTF? Did not see that coming.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Now that’s what you call a stadium

Atlanta Falcons proposed stadium

falconsstadium.jpg

I think Tebow could actually work at the Pats. Tebow was really parachuted into the Jets by Woody Johnson as a publicity stunt - Rex Ryan never really wanted him so he was sidelined. Bellichick is a way better coach than Ryan - so maybe some of his Denver form could return.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tebow was always going to get another run out for a team with no expectations of him.

Pat's is ideal, he won't be in line for QB for a couple of season, and their already an established #2 in place.
He'll do a little bit of specific play special teams, or short yardage plays, but that's it.

Perfect for now, and we'll see what if any sort of player returns to the NFL, when the hype has gone.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
if anybody is interested (and has a US PS3 account) the latest NCAA demo has come out, and its great fun - will be buying it as it comes out on my birthday - ive always preferred the college atmosphere to the NFL, but will also be buying madden 25 on the ps4 (when its out) and for people who might be interested - you can relocate your team, with 1 of the potential locations being london, another being dublin!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here