Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club clamping down on use of the crest

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
have you tried to licence? it may be free for fan site. the rules around trademarks means if you dont actively enforce the protection, you lose it.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Last week I was choosing a design for some leaded windows in my conservatory and thought about having the club badge, or at least the Seagull - I decided against it, but I wonder if I could have been used for breach of copyright ?

Only if Barber came round to your house for a cuppa and saw it.

Nope. I've not removed it so can only assume that it (it being favicon) was a modification so has gone with all the other stuff, for now. Hopefully all back tonight.

35yt2p.jpg

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I can kind of understand it, as well as brand protection some less bright fans might see the club badge and assume it’s an official club news feed.

We might then have problems with people posting loads of unsubstantiated rumours on here and elsewhere like Gus Poyet got suspended for touching up gully or Oatway ate Vicente’s baby.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I can kind of understand it, as well as brand protection some less bright fans might see the club badge and assume it’s an official club news feed.

We might then have problems with people posting loads of unsubstantiated rumours on here and elsewhere like Gus Poyet got suspended for touching up gully or Oatway ate Vicente’s baby.

Just for the record I just made those rumours up...my sense of humour has been suspended pending an inquiry.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was instructed to remove the Premier League logo, and all the Premier League team badges from my site, as well as Nottingham Forest :)shrug:). I have asked for permission, but so far no response. I guess I might get a nudge form the Albion at some stage too then.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I was instructed to remove the Premier League logo, and all the Premier League team badges from my site, as well as Nottingham Forest :)shrug:). I have asked for permission, but so far no response. I guess I might get a nudge form the Albion at some stage too then.

One of my work colleagues once got a load of mouse mats made up, with a caricature of the Man Utd badge on them, with a rather unflattering logo. He was quite proud of the legal letter he got from United (Maurice Watkins, if I remember correctly), telling him to get them destroyed or he will be sued.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Phew. Thank God they seem to have their priorities in order.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
For the record they only noticed that I was using the badge because someone sent them a link to NSC and pointed out that my new site (actually it is only a new domain unashamedly leaching off the official seagullspics one. http://www.seagullsphotos.co.uk was using it) so clearly someone is grassing on NSC users to the club.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
In the barber interview posted a few days ago he said something along the lines of 'we need to protect our intellectual property', i thought that this would start happening.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here